• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why did we lose?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

I have some thoughts, not saying they are correct. I saw a lot of mistakes in the game which were costly.  However football is a physical & mental game & the team as a whole ( more offense) didn't seem to be mentally prepared.  Being mentally prepared can be the player's fault as much as the coaches.  So I say this was a team loss to include the coaches.

However there were holding calls missed, one especially blatant when the Line judge was standing there & Navy defensive end grabbed our guy's jersey, nothing called. Definite pass interference in the end zone against Navy not called. Therefore I feel the officials helped Navy's cause.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

We lost because:

• The offense can't score more than 13 points against average to above average teams
  • The defense failed to adjust and routinely played with only 6 players in the box (leading to 428 rushing yards)
  • The defense continued its second half trend of meltdowns as Navy scored on its last 3 possessions

This is a mediocre team that has shown it can beat bad teams but isn't good enough to beat quality opponents. This is looking like a 5-7 team.

In fairness to the D, they were worn out...TOP was 39 to 21.  Offense didn't sustain enough drives, and Navy's near perfect option play just wore them down.

FG kicks were terrible, and Flowers didn't look sharp (but did make some nice throws).

Next week is must win...without a doubt.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

We lost because Navy was the better team today. Execution is part of being a good team. Right now, we're not. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

The defense had opportunities to get themselves off the field. While I agree the offense reverted back to what we have typically seen over the last 2+ years, the failure to continue to play a 4-2-5 alignment is what ultimately cost them this game.

we are just too young, dumb, and full of cum right now. We will get better in the next few years

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

While there is some truth to that, the defensive scheme for this game did us in. If you can play a prevent run defense we played it for 55 minutes.

That's what frustrated me most.  It seems we never changed a thing.  I was begging for a stunt, or for LB's to take turns guessing and shooting a gap to force something.  But we were in wait & hit mode, which means even when we plays were played well & and tackles secure, they gained 3-5.

I'm sure you could put a highlight reel of hits, but they were well outnumbered.  But if Adams doesn't fumble the kick (knocked loose by the kicker??), we likely hold Navy to 22...maybe even win.  That's a solid effort and should be enough to win.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

Navy scored more points and thus they won the game, in all my years of arm chair QB I've never seen a team score less and win

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

We are one offensive impact player and one defensive impact player away. The team has improved. Coach can recruit . Next year, and going forward, USF will be a threat once again.