• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'll take that loss

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

We were leading going into the 4th and in it up to the end. Navy is a good team and we are prob an avg team this year. This is not a deflating loss, special teams (save the FG kicker) played well, D did a good job holding Navy to FGs and QF looked like a QB out there. Lots of positives and I am hopeful it will click this year for the entire team.

Lots of things we can improve on but I think I can see some light at the end of the tunnel ;)

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Not a shot at you, by no means, but that loss hurt 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

I am concerned about our play when the game is close or we are down.  Our wins have been blow outs, essentially.  Perhaps we don't have enough experience yet to be able to play from behind.  

Not a shot at you, by no means, but that loss hurt 

Don't disagree Skin...It hurts bc we were in it. I prefer that to the apathy the program was experiencing and IMO I can see the team improving as a whole. We just haven't put a full game together

• Upvote 1

I am concerned about our play when the game is close or we are down.  Our wins have been blow outs, essentially.  Perhaps we don't have enough experience yet to be able to play from behind.  

The thing is we have so many new pieces in place I didn't expect us to be a great team at this point. The fact that we can see different pieces executing at different times means to me that we are going to see it happen this year. I bullieve that 2-3 more wins this season is a very likely reality.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I agree with everything here. The winning streak was literally killing some "Bulls Fans"

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

I agree with everything here. The winning streak was literally killing some "Bulls Fans"

it also seems like they were waiting for the loss to come out of the woodwork and hate on them some Taggart.  No surprise. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930
  • Days Won:  0

I honestly didnt think we we're going to win this game coming in, but after we played a bit I thought we were the better team all around, thats why this one hurts me, I thought for sure after the first half was over even with our mistakes we were going to take an easy 2 score victory :/

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think this was an overall team loss. Defense gave up 440 running yards. That is not good play. STs cost 12 points. Not good play. Offense was essentially shut down except for one :29 scoring drive and a couple of lucky 3rd down plays. Not good. 

All we know about the team is we are in the better half of the worst teams in the conference. 

I am not rooting against him, I still don't know what to make of Taggart. Could be the win streak is his undoing because it showed the athletic ability of the players and the potential they could have with a better coach. 

ECU and Cincy become huge games for Taggart. We need at least one of those. I think we beat ECU.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Ecu we can and should beat, Cincy will be tough but not impossible. 

Temple sort of reminds me of lucky ucf of past...Hopefully they just have a bad game and us a good one and we could beat temple.