• Join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other Bulls fans!

USF-Navy matchup features accomplished running quarterbacks

Members do not see this ad, Register

Any guesses who either Sanchez or Byrd's primary job will be? 75 rushing TDs, wow. But Tulane forced them to pass by giving them 50yds worth of TFLs, and we can too. Problem is, we're also a run-strong option team with a mobile QB, and their D will be well-acquainted with that. If the game comes down to which team passes the ball better, I want to give us the edge but that's only if our WRs & TEs can hold on.

• Upvote 2

Someone said keep Sanchez playing the dive up the middle.  I agree with that 100%.

Byrd should play the pitchman, IMO.  I think in triple option, aka the B back.  That's where we'll get burned if we don't have one of our best on it all game. 

Byrd would most likely have the QB

Someone said keep Sanchez playing the dive up the middle.  I agree with that 100%.

Byrd should play the pitchman, IMO.  I think in triple option, aka the B back.  That's where we'll get burned if we don't have one of our best on it all game. 

After watching some of the Navy/ND game I'm not so sure about that.  Their QB seems to be the big wiggly fast threat and don't think Sanchez has the feet to stop him.   I think the key will be how well we attack the option and not sit back on our heals.....could be great outcome or disastrous.  Our D seems much more attack mode under Allen but at times we can be caught flat footed.  I like our chances in this game.

Edited by Bulls2k

It would be the A back or B back running the dive play, not the QB.  The QB rarely runs up the middle in the triple option.  Sanchez' wheelhouse is stuffing the middle.

You need your best fastest tacklers on the outermost edge.  Not sure if that is Byrd, or maybe someone like Nichols could handle it, but you keep your fast guys on the outside and your bigger tacklers inside.  It's all about assignments and taking care of your guy on defense in this game.  

• Upvote 1

I hope the online simulator is wrong because it sure doesn't like our chances this weekend.

Also, I thought it was funny that late in the fourth quarter Bench came in for one play and then Flowers was back in lol.

:facepalm: Man I hope this isn't true, again.

I thought Bench was only there for the last "drive" to kill clock. I only saw QF on the sidelines after the thigh TD.