• Join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other Bulls fans!

Navy vs. Notre Dame (full game)

Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting, Notre Dame will always play Navy every year because Navy helped to keep Notre Dame stay open back when they didn't have enough male students due to the war.

Anyway, Navy is going to be tough to stop. We just need to put a lot points up on them and control the clock. Gotta keep their offense off the field and behind in points.

After Cook running teams still scare me.

Navy lacks anyone of Cook's talent level. I'm not worried about seeing another RB of Cook's caliber the rest of the season.  What worries me, however, is whether this defense will remain disciplined enough to manage gaps if we start getting slobber-knocked by the triple option in Navy's first few offensive drives. Someone, besides Byrd, will have to step up and tackle well in our secondary if Navy starts running past our LB's. If we play like we did the first half against FSU, then I think we may be okay. I'm cautiously optimistic about which defense plays throughout the game against the Midshipmen.

Edited by Paisa el Toro

Play your assignment and your only until the player has been wrapped up.

Staying disciplined will def be key and I assume that Coach Allen will have these guys prepared and caoched up. It's going to be up to the guys on the field to make the plays.

We should do just fine.

I'll mark our D higher than any D they've faced so far, including ND. Not trying to get silly there, I just feel we're built well to stop a running attack like theirs, and our D has practiced against good RBs in the option config. I think we'll force them to throw, which is where I have more worry.