• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Wrap Up Conference Media Day

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Macintosh HD:Users:bsiegrist:Desktop:2013 USF FOOTBALL:U color primary large.jpg

USF ATHLETICS GoUSFBulls.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DATE: OCT. 27, 2015

Web Release:http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=210456955

Bulls Wrap Up Conference Media Day

ORLANDO, OCT. 27, 2015 – Orlando Antigua, Jaleel Cousins, Nehemias Morillo, Chris Perry and Roddy Peters took part in the 2015 American Athletic Conference Men’s Basketball Media Day Tuesday in Orlando.

The five spent the morning on the floor of the Amway Center, home of the Orlando Magic and to this season’s American Athletic Conference Championship, held March 10-13. Along with visiting with local and conference media members, the Bulls did interviews with ESPN, CBS Sports Network, the American Digital Network and the American Sports Network.

During Coach Antigua’s on-air segment with ESPN’s Tim Welsh, the second-year head coach spoke about the progress his program is making.

“We were able to establish a work capacity last year in how we wanted to play, how we wanted to work and how we want to approach the process each day,” said Antigua. “That made for a very good spring and summer and now we get to build off that foundation. Now we get to improve the skill set and the decision making and become better basketball players.”

Bulls Picked 10th in Preseason Poll

USF was predicted to finish 10th in the American Athletic Conference Preseason Coaches’ Poll. The Bulls return seven from last season’s team which finished 9-23 overall (2-15 The American). SMU was picked to repeat as conference champions with eight first-place votes ahead of No. 2 UConn with two first-place votes and No. 3 Cincinnati with one.

2015-16 Preseason Coaches’ Poll

(First-place votes in parenthesis)

Team               Points

1. SMU (8)            98

2. UConn (2)        87

3. Cincinnati (1) 84

4. Tulsa                76

5. Memphis         59

6. Temple            54

7. Houston           48

8. East Carolina 31

9. UCF                   30

10. USF 20

11. Tulane           11

USF, The American and the American Sports Network

On Tuesday, the American Athletic Conference and American Sports Network (ASN) announced a multi-year partnership through a sublicense agreement with ESPN. As part of the agreement, ASN will televise 10 men’s basketball games this season, including conference and non-conference matchups. 

One of those 10 games includes USF’s game with UAB on Dec. 19 at 7 p.m.

All ASN games will also be streamed live on ESPN3 through WatchESPN, which is what the game with UAB was already scheduled to appear on.

Basketball Tickets On Sale Now

There are still great seats available for season tickets and five-game flex plans. Fans can purchase those by logging on to USFBullsTix.com or by calling 1-800-Go-Bulls. USF hosts Eckerd in an exhibition on Monday, Nov. 9 at 7 p.m. and open the regular season Friday, Nov. 13 at 8:30 p.m.against Troy.

- #GoBulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

we suck until we dont. 

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,495
  • Days Won:  10

As a season ticket holder for a number of years, I really like the product that COA puts on the court.   Even is we don't currently have the team that takes us deeply into a tournament, conference or otherwise, we have a team that is exciting to watch and never quits.  That's already an improvement.

I'm looking forward to seeing what is going to happen as we bring in players that match the style of play that coach envisions.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

As a season ticket holder for a number of years, I really like the product that COA puts on the court.   Even is we don't currently have the team that takes us deeply into a tournament, conference or otherwise, we have a team that is exciting to watch and never quits.  That's already an improvement.

I'm looking forward to seeing what is going to happen as we bring in players that match the style of play that coach envisions.

Exactly, and you can already see the young talent just pouring in.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Exactly, and you can already see the young talent just pouring in.

I wouldn't say it's pouring in just yet, we've had some academic issues bringing some into the fold. I do like seeing the style of play and see that Antigua is attempting to build something. I like his assistants, so I think its a matter of time before everything clicks in terms of recruiting, style-of-play, and fermenting some experience with COA's system. I'm thinking it's more reasonable to see some degree of "clicking" next season, rather than this one.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Yeah, my expectations are low for this season, aside from seeing some more glimpses of what's in store for the program.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

I wouldn't say it's pouring in just yet, we've had some academic issues bringing some into the fold. I do like seeing the style of play and see that Antigua is attempting to build something. I like his assistants, so I think its a matter of time before everything clicks in terms of recruiting, style-of-play, and fermenting some experience with COA's system. I'm thinking it's more reasonable to see some degree of "clicking" next season, rather than this one.  

I understand what you're saying, I don't expect that much coming out of this season, but just the raw talent that you can see in McMurray the freshman, Guerrero, and Holston as well as other upperclassmen, and transfers from penn state and gonzaga, I see us being a tournament team in a year or two at most.