• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Am I the only one happy about this

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

I must admit I would have never thought that ESPN would ever hold gameday at any AAC school.

Or .................................................. one with no OCS!!:hippy2:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

When does Mickey come to the rescue?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I hate it.  My cable bill is higher because of it.  My school was in a very good conference, and the irrational escalation of TV dollars helped destroy the conference.  It isn't an exagerration to say that the poor decisions by ESPN have had many negative effects on my life.  

All of that, and the executives at ESPN are not the ones paying the price.  The ones paying the price are the rank and file, loyal employees for years and years.  The employees that remain will have to do more with less, and will likely have their own compensation and benefits reduced while they do more work that others out on the street could be doing.

Nothing funny or satisfying about dumb executives ruining lives of other people.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Also, how much does drop in subscribers just a  trend of people dropping cable in general and has nothing to do with ESPN?

Which is directly related to higher cable costs due to higher fees by...ESPN and others.  People dropping cable has everything to do with ESPN.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

I love ESPN

Its a drug. I can't stop watching it.

I love it but I hate what they did to college football... 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

The arms race will continue. The sports arms for Fox, NBC, and CBS must stay viable and competitive. Greater competition places a premium on the content. With the AAC being in multiple Top 50 media markets, the interest will be there. We just need to keep making sure that there are 3 or 4 top 25 teams each year. The best way to do that is to back load the schedule with the match-ups between the teams perceived to be the top teams in the conference. If you look at the Big 12 this year, they did exactly that. None of the top 4 teams in their conference play each other until November 14. This is significant because it created the opportunity for them to have 3 or 4 undefeated teams heading into those games leading to a glut of top 10 matches at seasons end. This was absolutely by design by their savvy commissioner. Our conference brass just need to identify the top 4 or 5 projected AAC teams for the following season and make sure that none of them play each other until that last 4 weeks of the season, enabling multiple teams to go undefeated. 

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

P5 teams will never stop scheduling G5 teams (or even FCS teams)...

Consider they all want EIGHT home games per year if possible, SEVEN if not.  They cannot schedule that many games against P5 only schools.

Plus a lot of people like some of the existing traditions... such as Iowa vs Northern Iowa... or Notre Dame vs Navy.

USF will still get picked up to play P5 teams.

I'd love to believe that, but the lust after $$$ has already destroyed way too many rivalries in college football.   The fact that we no longer get Nebraska v Okla,  Texas v A&M, Pitt v WVU, Notre Dame v Michigan, Notre Dame v Mich St,  Pitt v Penn St, etc...is truly sad.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

The reason why the viewers went down is because they stopped showing the bulls... come on guys we all should know this.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

12193466_10100261170828910_6039553643345510415_n.jpg

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Which is directly related to higher cable costs due to higher fees by...ESPN and others.  People dropping cable has everything to do with ESPN.

the people dropping cable maybe did not watch espn to begin with. Many people keep cable only to keep espn.