• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Am I the only one happy about this

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I guess I'm not the only one not paying for espn anymore. If the BULLS are on the road I'll go to Selmon's and watch there. So four times this year I'll watch espn. 

I went there for the first time vs. Maryland. Not sure I can handle many more "COME ON TAGGART!" outbursts.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

I guess I'm not the only one not paying for espn anymore. If the BULLS are on the road I'll go to Selmon's and watch there. So four times this year I'll watch espn. 

Speak with the wallet! I believe they had a major role in the conference realignment. I see AAC being good as a doomsday scenario for the status quo. They will want to quickly wall off the money in the P5 and stop scheduling us to preserve the myth.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

What's even more ridiculous is the devotion to celebrity worship. The antics of the shows and pregame material is on the precipice of overshadowing the game itself. I used to watch Game Day from beginning-to-end. I have a hard time watching 45% of it now. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

They dont carebabout myth.  They stop expansion so they can avoid paying more money on their existing contracts.

Guest PCBull14

Speak with the wallet! I believe they had a major role in the conference realignment. I see AAC being good as a doomsday scenario for the status quo. They will want to quickly wall off the money in the P5 and stop scheduling us to preserve the myth.

They Single handily worked with the Pittsburgh AD to destroy the Big East. He went into that meeting with the presidents with one goal. Convince everyone that the deal wasn't good enough and reject it. Wouldn't be surprised if right after that meeting he was on the phone with Swofford setting up Pitt and Syracuse to the ACC. 

If the mouse sports network falls apart it will be the best thing that ever happens to sports entertainment. ESPN has become to much about the Entertainment and less about the sports. Maybe these other networks will step up their game. 

Edited by PCBull14

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

What's even more ridiculous is the devotion to celebrity worship. The antics of the shows and pregame material is on the precipice of overshadowing the game itself. I used to watch Game Day from beginning-to-end. I have a hard time watching 45% of it now. 

Why do you watch at all?  Endless crap about what we are about to watch and they are wrong as much as they are right.  Been years since I've tuned in.  If they ever come to USF I'll watch. Otherwise I won't bother.

Edited by Bourbon Bull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

Why do you watch at all?  Endless crap about what we are about to watch and they are wrong as much as they are right.  Been years since I've tuned in.  If they ever come to USF I'll watch. Otherwise I won't bother.

I don't normally watch it...but it is on in the background.  I think this week may be an exception since it is at Temple.  I must admit I would have never thought that ESPN would ever hold gameday at any AAC school.

Guest PCBull14

I'm surprised the are going to Temple. As crazy as this sounds, I think they may actually hope the AAC succeeds. Our success helps them as they are strapped big time for cash right now. They may even lose one of the "Major" conference deals. Getting the AAC for maybe half of what they pay one of the "Major" conferences would be a steal, especially if the conference keeps improving. Most of our teams are in nice sized markets it would be win win for them. 

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

As much as I hate ESPN (I can no longer tolerate Sportscenter), I have to say I'm thankful for it.  Yes, we screwed ourselves not signing that BE deal, but salvaging the fact that every American home game is required to be on some sort of broadcast ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNNews, ESPN3, or sold to CBSSN.  I am able to watch every game as an out of state alumni.

If the temple game is picked up by cable, I believe this will be the first year in Bulls history that every FBS game was televised by a national cable channel (with an HD option).

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Only watch ESPN when our game is on. Other than that, I don't watch any sports networks.