• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Am I the only one happy about this

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I like it. I'll love it when a major network can compete with ESPN on for college broadcasting. They get a lot of flack, but Herbstreit, Fowler, Kanell, Corso, Bilas, Greenberg, May, Forde, Vitale, and several others are all fun to watch when it comes to coverage of college sports. Fox, CBS and NBC all do a great job at competing with their NFL shows, as well as NFL Network. And TNT is the best for the NBA, not far behind is NBA Network. But ESPN has a strong hold over college athletics.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

I guess I'm not the only one not paying for espn anymore. If the BULLS are on the road I'll go to Selmon's and watch there. So four times this year I'll watch espn. 

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,421
  • Days Won:  19

The market has spoken.

Competition is good.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I still wish paying the Big East a ******** of money was one of their mistakes. But I'll take this as a consolation prize.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Days Won:  51

I don't see how laying off 200-300 people is "cutting to the bone" as Steiner says.  It's less than 4% 

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

I'm ecstatic about it. I despise ESPN, What used to be a sports network, has now been reduced to broadcasting political activism and social interest propaganda. The shows are scripted. The phony exuberance and dialogue between hosts is embarrassing. Watch it closely. So much of the "reporting" that occurs in front of "team headquarters" is nothing more than gossip. It's as if they've taken a page from General Hospital. Moreover, the network conspired with the larger football divisions to purposely prevent smaller conferences from growing to prominence. I hope they all get fired. I don't give a ****. 

Edited by ahoyboy
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,998
  • Days Won:  38

That was an awesome article. This makes me think of basic business principles and controlling costs.

Can another network that is less bloated swoop in and start punching them in the face?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,998
  • Days Won:  38

I'm ecstatic about it. I despise ESPN, What used to be a sports network, has now been reduced to broadcasting political activism and social interest propaganda. The shows are scripted. The phony exuberance and dialogue between hosts is embarrassing. Watch it closely. So much of the "reporting" that occurs in front of "team headquarters" is nothing more than gossip. It's as if they've taken a page from General Hospital. Moreover, the network conspired with the larger football divisions to purposely prevent smaller conferences from growing to prominence. I hope they all get fired. I don't give a ****. 

Basically yes.

Guest PCBull14

Its not a sports network anymore. Its all garbage, only reason I watch is because no other option exist. Fox sports is even worse which is depressing. Half the time I laugh at how dumb they all sound.