• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pure Rumor, but a good Rumor

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

These 2 incidents we've had are really pretty minor in the overall scheme of things in that they're the results of stupidity rather than maliciousness. Hopefully Harlan's not putting too much into them ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

No it  was not knowing what assistant coach you were referring too ( we have several on the BB staff) and not doing a google search,  Instead asking you if his charge was in line with Plies, That's all.  Don't read into it.

lol We have three assistant coaches on our team and only one of them was a very famous professional basketball player who became known for his progressively worsening down spiral of debauchery and bad choices as he dumped his talents and basketball wisdom into a blackhole with each passing year. You, yourself, recommended googling as a means of ascertaining knowledge, but it was too difficult to sleuth out that information about one of three people -- there are more than 60,000 results on Google for '"Rod Strickland" arrest'. 

I'm calling BS.

Guest PCBull14

That doesn't make much sense.  The Ybor thing is going to be a distant memory to most people by the end of the season.  So you're saying that Gonzmart wants him fired for an ill-advised yet overall harmless statement he made, but Harlan is willing to continue to piss him off and keep him if he wins out? 

If they fire him based on the Ybor incident, I will continue to support the teams but laugh at what a joke our Athletic department is. Screw Gonzmart.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

If they fire him based on the Ybor incident, I will continue to support the teams but laugh at what a joke our Athletic department is. Screw Gonzmart.

Agreed. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to fire CWT if the decision is made, but the Ybor incident is not one of them.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

lol We have three assistant coaches on our team and only one of them was a very famous professional basketball player who became known for his progressively worsening down spiral of debauchery and bad choices as he dumped his talents and basketball wisdom into a blackhole with each passing year. You, yourself, recommended googling as a means of ascertaining knowledge, but it was too difficult to sleuth out that information about one of three people -- there are more than 60,000 results on Google for '"Rod Strickland" arrest'. 

I'm calling BS.

Call what you want brother,  Its the facts.  Didn't bother to look up which coach that u referred too or try to figure out which one you meant..  Usually on this board if someone makes some statement that is a fact we ask them to provide the link.  That's all I was asking from you, nothing more.   

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

Call what you want brother,  Its the facts.  Didn't bother to look up which coach that u referred too or try to figure out which one you meant..  Usually on this board if someone makes some statement that is a fact we ask them to provide the link.  That's all I was asking from you, nothing more.   

link?

:D 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

These 2 incidents we've had are really pretty minor in the overall scheme of things in that they're the results of stupidity rather than maliciousness. Hopefully Harlan's not putting too much into them ...

I Hope so as well Trip, HATE  to see that be the reason for his termination.   I suspect none of us knows what Harlan really thinks or not.    But we cant ignore the facts that we have stunk for most of his tenure and when we did start winning this year we had 3 bad things happen the night of the home victories. Plus the whole retractable statement by coach T regarding Ybor.     

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Agreed. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to fire CWT if the decision is made, but the Ybor incident is not one of them.

Rest assured, if CWT were fired, they'd cite something totally unrelated to Ybor. Problem is, right now, those "plenty" of reasons don't really exist in abundance. As long as the team keeps rolling like they have been and coach keeps leading like he has been, Gonzmart will basically get the finger when asking for CWT's head.

Edited by raptorcj

Guest PCBull14

I Hope so as well Trip, HATE  to see that be the reason for his termination.   I suspect none of us knows what Harlan really thinks or not.    But we cant ignore the facts that we have stunk for most of his tenure and when we did start winning this year we had 3 bad things happen the night of the home victories. Plus the whole retractable statement by coach T regarding Ybor.     

That retractable statement should be a black eye on Harlan not Taggart.

Who is really in support of the players? The guy protecting them and disciplining them like his own adult children, or the guy who has dollar signs on his glasses. I know the objective is to please the donors, but not at all cost. A young man lost his life.

I tell you one thing, we all work hard for our money and the Columbia is the last restaurant you'd catch me at anymore. I'll get my overpriced average food from a different establishment.  Besides the sangria, I've had better Spanish style food on a street corner in New York.

Sorry for the rant, but this topic makes my blood boil and I'm normally one of the most relaxed people in any circle. One day I'll get over it.We know why he was such a great fundraiser at UCLA now. He's a sell out to the dollar sign.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Would be awesome. Can't imagine he beats out Cristobal or Chudzinski, though.

His defense has been OK this year.