• Join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other Bulls fans!

At what point is CWT safe to come back next year

If he's not already there.  What if he goes 1-4 with a win over UCF, but the rest are close.  Does he come back?

And, second question, at what point is he given a contract extension.

My answer is, he needs 1 more win to earn another year, because he's shown enough progress from the last 2.

If he gets 3 more wins he gets a 2-3 year extension.

If he gets to 9 or 10 wins, he gets a 4-5 year extension.  Would mean he went 8-4 or 9-3 in regular season, probably won division, and probably won bowl game.

Members do not see this ad, Register

I think he still  needs to go bowling. We can go bowling with 6 wins in this conference. At this point missing a bowl would probably mean losing four in a row. You can't sell progress with 4 losses in a row, especially when ECU and Cincy are winnable games.

You might be right.  I was giving him the benefit of the doubt based on the progress of the offense this year.  We will go bowling with 6 wins as the AAC has 4 Florida Bowls this year, and one of them will pick USF.

Here is the thing.  We have 4 wins.  This is exactly where the average fan would have had us this year, at this point in the schedule.  Temple, Cincy, Navy, and ECU are a little better than I thought they would be this year.  UCF is garbage and is far worse than I thought they would be this year.  If we are playing the odds, we have one more win on the schedule.  That would really be a doomsday scenario because if that played out, our wins would be against really bad teams.  Even now, the teams we beat FAMU 1-7, CUSE 3-4, Uconn 3-5, SMU 1-7.  All have losing records.  So even if we do beat UCF, we will have 5 wins against team with losing records.  

Extension? He has 2 more years on his contract. He hasn't earned that and should not be given that until after next season provided he's competing for a conference title.

Usually they don't take a coach out to his last year without an extension due to recruiting.

So you're saying that if he gets to 8 wins, for example, he doesn't get an extension.  I bet he does.  I'm not saying he will have earned one, but that's just the way it works.  

Usually they don't take a coach out to his last year without an extension due to recruiting.

So you're saying that if he gets to 8 wins, for example, he doesn't get an extension.  I bet he does.  I'm not saying he will have earned one, but that's just the way it works.  

If we get 8 wins, he deserves to keep his job.  That would be a signifanct improvement and probably put some butts back in seats.