• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

At what point is CWT safe to come back next year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

If he's not already there.  What if he goes 1-4 with a win over UCF, but the rest are close.  Does he come back?

And, second question, at what point is he given a contract extension.

My answer is, he needs 1 more win to earn another year, because he's shown enough progress from the last 2.

If he gets 3 more wins he gets a 2-3 year extension.

If he gets to 9 or 10 wins, he gets a 4-5 year extension.  Would mean he went 8-4 or 9-3 in regular season, probably won division, and probably won bowl game.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

I think he still  needs to go bowling. We can go bowling with 6 wins in this conference. At this point missing a bowl would probably mean losing four in a row. You can't sell progress with 4 losses in a row, especially when ECU and Cincy are winnable games.

I think he still  needs to go bowling. We can go bowling with 6 wins in this conference. At this point missing a bowl would probably mean losing four in a row. You can't sell progress with 4 losses in a row, especially when ECU and Cincy are winnable games.

You might be right.  I was giving him the benefit of the doubt based on the progress of the offense this year.  We will go bowling with 6 wins as the AAC has 4 Florida Bowls this year, and one of them will pick USF.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Extension? He has 2 more years on his contract. He hasn't earned that and should not be given that until after next season provided he's competing for a conference title.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

He'll be back as long as we continue to show the progress we have during the last 3 games and beat UCF. Once he hits 5 wins he's a lock to return. As for an extension? I think that's out of the question unless something crazy happens like we win out... 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Here is the thing.  We have 4 wins.  This is exactly where the average fan would have had us this year, at this point in the schedule.  Temple, Cincy, Navy, and ECU are a little better than I thought they would be this year.  UCF is garbage and is far worse than I thought they would be this year.  If we are playing the odds, we have one more win on the schedule.  That would really be a doomsday scenario because if that played out, our wins would be against really bad teams.  Even now, the teams we beat FAMU 1-7, CUSE 3-4, Uconn 3-5, SMU 1-7.  All have losing records.  So even if we do beat UCF, we will have 5 wins against team with losing records.  

Extension? He has 2 more years on his contract. He hasn't earned that and should not be given that until after next season provided he's competing for a conference title.

Usually they don't take a coach out to his last year without an extension due to recruiting.

So you're saying that if he gets to 8 wins, for example, he doesn't get an extension.  I bet he does.  I'm not saying he will have earned one, but that's just the way it works.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Usually they don't take a coach out to his last year without an extension due to recruiting.

So you're saying that if he gets to 8 wins, for example, he doesn't get an extension.  I bet he does.  I'm not saying he will have earned one, but that's just the way it works.  

If we get 8 wins, he deserves to keep his job.  That would be a signifanct improvement and probably put some butts back in seats.  

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

You don't let a coach like Willie Taggart get away, he needs an extension after this season.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

You don't let a coach like Willie Taggart get away, he needs an extension after this season.

image.jpg

• Upvote 2