• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Navy 10 Point Fav Over USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I'm fine with Auggie, he's led the D pretty well so far overall...as long as they don't throw it over his head we'll be okay. Our D will try to blow up those backfield options, and we have solid options to do that: Byrd, Nichols, and Abraham have all done well in that role. They'll have a strong O line, so I really think our outside pressure will be the difference-maker. That, and Auggie sniffing out the ball in the middle. I think we're set pretty well to disrupt their game if we can outlast them.

Again, to me the offense is where we win/lose. Stay on the field, run the ball, and for pete's sake catch some passes!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

Can U feel it

BTW I do have the song on MP3... message me if you wish to have it!

Edited by David_sec329

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

This is a good time for the weekly reminder that lines are set according to how odds makers think the general public will be betting, not the outcome. The goal is even money on both sides of the action resulting in...wait for it...money for the people taking the bets. It is a finger in the air checking the winds of people who gamble. When the wind blows one way, the line moves to accommodate it. It's not because odds makers are reading Joey Knight and going, "I'll be damned. CWT said they just had the best week of practice ever. We should account for that."

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

It makes me wildly nervous that #43 will be the linchpin to the defense on Saturday.  He cannot be out of position and will need to take stellar angles or we are in very deep trouble.  If he falters DBs will be need move up a few steps to provide run support which would make long passes very easy.

If #43 plays well many good things should happen.  Mack will be back and the WRs owe one after coming off a complete failure of a game.  They should have a closed door meeting this week to address their poor play.  I think they'll rebound given the opportunity.

Go Bulls!

I watched him specifically on several plays, and he looked pretty good.  He's a lot better in run D than pass D, IMO.

Good point on the cut blocks.  Our guys are athletic, so I hope they have a plan.  The line has to contain, and fill gaps, and we HAVE to attack the QB every time, and get support on the other carriers.  Navy is favored, as they should be.  Our D will get better v Navy each year, as they get used to the annual Navy O.  

So, my hopes are moderate, but I'm looking forward to being at the game with some Bulls, pulling for the upset.  5-3 would be insane, after suffering thru Maryland.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

We're what 6-1 vs the spread this year? I like the Bulls to cover this one as well.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Money Money Money

Seems like Vegas is starting to like the Bulls... that betting line has come down to 9.  I suspect it will get down to five by kickoff. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Again, to me the offense is where we win/lose. Stay on the field, run the ball, and for pete's sake catch some passes?

Agree, this is a must.  We must continue our strong running game and give our defense some breaks.

I think this is a close game...if early in season it would have been a sure loss.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Jup, you're correct, he played solid on Saturday.  Just can't get out of position and take poor angles.  He has no make up speed to get back into the play.  He also seems to not anticipate an open field move by an RB or QB well.  It could just be his lack of speed, but often times he's got an opportunity to  make and open field tackle and he gets faked out.  Breaking down and making the tackle is something he will continue to learn.  He will be the linchpin this weekend to a win or loss. Go #43!

I keep waiting for Danny Thomas to beat him out of the role, but seems he's a bit undisciplined...but I think he's more talented, and seems to have better speed/size.  Just learning.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Auggie Sanchez is our leading tackler and #8 or so in the entire conference.  As a true sophomore.  Why in the hell anyone picks him out of everyone to call out is asinine.  How about this:  he's a flat out gamer with grit and aggressiveness to spare.  Oh, and he tackles pretty **** well too.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Yeah, I just don't get some hate against Sanchez by a vocal minority on this board. He's not perfect as a MIKE, but he's leaving it out there every game.