• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2016 WR Darnell Salomon Miami Central

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Man Miami already has like 5 WR commited they need to let us have him. I hope we do whatever it takes to keep him. He looks like a monster from his highlight video. He'll be our best or 2nd best WR from day one.

His Twitter page has a pic of him in USF gear, in front of a USF back drop (likely created by USF), and his retweets are heavy USF...FWIW.

Still, at this point, no need to get excited or nervous.  As we've learned before, they have to actually get on campus...then the grass...to matter much.

Till, theses are the types of players we need to sustain winning seasons, and to elevate the level of performance (and depth).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I don't know why anyone is surprised. He just said out loud what many of our commits already think - if they get what they perceive as a better offer, they are gone. Don't believe for a second that we would hang on to a majority of our class if their favorite school came knocking.

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I don't know why anyone is surprised. He just said out loud what many of our commits already think - if they get what they perceive as a better offer, they are gone. Don't believe for a second that we would hang on to a majority of our class if their favorite school came knocking.

Thanks for the insight Captain.

• Downvote 2

If it's that obvious then posting the news initially had little value, no?

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

2 years ago I said Quinton Flowers was USFs biggest signee ever. That distinction now could go to Darnell Salomon. Wow. great get by Bulls

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  390
  • Days Won:  0

But he has offers from basically every school. I think he chose USF because A. he really wants to be here or B. all the big schools back off because of his theft incident. Whatever the reason is I would be totally bummed if we don't hold on to him. Looking at his highlights, workout videos, 1 on 1, etc.. no WR on our roster compares to him. Biggest commit in years and WR is one of our weaknesses.

Edited by Bullgang
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

But he has offers from basically every school. I think he chose USF because A. he really wants to be here or B. all the big schools back off because of his theft incident. Whatever the reason is I would be totally bummed if we don't hold on to him. Looking at his highlights, workout videos, 1 on 1, etc.. no WR on our roster compares to him. Biggest commit in years and WR is one of our weaknesses.

Yea, he has 5 star talent. I'm going to go with option B because of the felony and all.

He has dropped because he has a felony conviction, and also because his explosiveness has suffered in his senior season, so don't think that all the offers listed on his recruiting profile are legit at this time. I don't disagree that he would instantly be the most promising receiver on the roster, but lets not get too crazy. Don't forget just last year Tyre McCants picked us over legitimate last minute offers from FSU and UGA.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  390
  • Days Won:  0

He has dropped because he has a felony conviction, and also because his explosiveness has suffered in his senior season, so don't think that all the offers listed on his recruiting profile are legit at this time. I don't disagree that he would instantly be the most promising receiver on the roster, but lets not get too crazy. Don't forget just last year Tyre McCants picked us over legitimate last minute offers from FSU and UGA.

Fair enough. Lets just hope we finish off the season with a strong recruiting class. Go Bulls :GoBulls:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

2 years ago I said Quinton Flowers was USFs biggest signee ever. That distinction now could go to Darnell Salomon. Wow. great get by Bulls

It's not a get yet, Jamie, and wouldn't Giddins been considered a bigger "get"?