• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Peculiar Absences

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I honestly hope that CWT does enough to stay next year.  I'm looking forward to seeing what our transfers can do and the up coming QB battle (Flowers v Woulard v Keen).

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I honestly hope that CWT does enough to stay next year.  I'm looking forward to seeing what our transfers can do and the up coming QB battle (Flowers v Woulard v Keen).

Barring a major collapse, I think he's shown enough to get a 4th year. 5-7 with competitive losses and a win over UCF and he's safe. The offense has a pulse, the defense is solid, the young talent he's recruited, and an actual QB battle in the offseason...he's earned it. 

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i think he needs just 2 more wins

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

Not me. The main reason I was on the fire Taggart bus was the apparent lack of preparation and desire to win the Maryland game combined with his atrocious play calling.

Getting beat by a better team I can live with, "falling apart" at any point is unacceptable.  

So we win the rest of our games to win the division but you're still holding the Maryland game against him ....... and someone actually up voted that ... :facepalm:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

So we win the rest of our games to win the division but you're still holding the Maryland game against him ....... and someone actually up voted that ... :facepalm:

No, not holding it against him. Using that game as an example of not being prepared to play. I could've used the Sun Bowl as an example if that will make you feel better.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

No, not holding it against him. Using that game as an example of not being prepared to play. I could've used the Sun Bowl as an example if that will make you feel better.

Sure sounded like you would hold it against him. My bad if that wasn't your intent.:

I don't know, I'd be willing to forgive Taggart if we fall a part against Houston, That'd mean we're in the AAC championship game..

Not me. The main reason I was on the fire Taggart bus was the apparent lack of preparation and desire to win the Maryland game combined with his atrocious play calling.

Getting beat by a better team I can live with, "falling apart" at any point is unacceptable.  

This only one Quote back thing is a freaking pain in the ass ....!

Edited by Triple B

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Sure sounded like you would hold it against him. My bad if that wasn't your intent.:

This only one Quote back thing is a freaking pain in the ass ....!

Good point. So yes, I guess I do hold it against him, just like CJL in the aforementioned Sun Bowl, and CSH in way to many games to mention.

IMO there is no excuse for not being prepared, as a team, to play the game. So when your butt, as THE HEAD COACH, is on the hot seat, don't show up not ready to play. NO EXCUSES.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109
  • Days Won:  6

The only thing I've seen that was unforgivable is the famous Bench momentum killing incident.  

Think about it.   Flowers was just starting to emerge into the guy we have now and we sat him.

CWT nearly lost me for good over that. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  1

The only thing I've seen that was unforgivable is the famous Bench momentum killing incident.  

Think about it.   Flowers was just starting to emerge into the guy we have now and we sat him.

CWT nearly lost me for good over that. 

Actually that was my breaking point as well.. I was furious after that. People tried to argue that Bench was coming because he was a better passer and we needed to score quickly.. It made no sense.. I hated that move. Glad he's been able to rebound from it and really was able to open up the offense a little more after the Memphis game.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Give it time. Next loss. Heaven forbid 2 in a row.

yep.