• Join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other Bulls fans!

ESPNEWS Announcers: SMU homers!

Members do not see this ad, Register

I usually let it go when announcers are bad. But yesterday really cheesed me off. They were clearly in love with SMU and the SMU coach.

The the hell? Aren't they supposed to be neutral?

In any case, I'm glad their team lost!

I NEVER listen to tv announcers. I always sync the tv with Bulls radio broadcast. It is the only way to go.

I NEVER listen to tv announcers. I always sync the tv with Bulls radio broadcast. It is the only way to go.

I've tried that. But it's always tough to get it to sync.

And I must admit, I was weak! --I didn't want to do all that work of setting up the computer by the TV. I thought we might lose the game.

Remember, I'm coming back from the Dark Side...

I've tried that. But it's always tough to get it to sync.

And I must admit, I was weak! --I didn't want to do all that work of setting up the computer by the TV. I thought we might lose the game.

Remember, I'm coming back from the Dark Side...

I  understand completely. It can be a bit cumbersome to set up. I actually use my phone for the radio broadcast and this makes it easier. 

I am rewatching the game right now and I don't hear any homerisms. They seem to know both teams pretty well as far as I can tell. For example they knew that Thor was a graduate student.

Oh, they fight it (their instinct to side with SMU), but at the end they couldn't help themselves. At the end, you could clearly tell who they wanted to win.

Anyway, it was my fault for not listening to the USF guys through the Internet.

So, what happens in a lot of these games is that they take a broadcasting duo that is already in town.  Say, the SMU announcers.  Lots of DI games to broadcast these days, we aren't always going to have a USF duo.

It could be something like that ... although, I don't know how many colleges have their own announcers for tv broadcasts these days. They probably pull any announcers in close proximity to save money .... Like we used to get Graber doing a lot of our games early on.

It could be something like that ... although, I don't know how many colleges have their own announcers for tv broadcasts these days. They probably pull any announcers in close proximity to save money .... Like we used to get Graber doing a lot of our games early on.

Doug Graber thought everyone on San Diego State's team "was going to play on Sundays."

I miss those days. 

• Upvote 1