• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The D HAS TO STAY DISCIPLINED to beat a team like Navy.  Navy has a couple of decent wins (ECU and Air Force).

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I watched Navy yesterday.  If they play like they did against Tulane yesterday (especially for first three quarters), we will beat them. 

Guest PCBull14

Navy cam be easily beat. Didn't see the game but up 10-7 on Tulane at the half is not good. I wouldn't be surprised if we beat Navy and by a few scores. Also wouldn't be surprised if we lost. We will score on them, their defense is not all that great. 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Receivers better show up as I think we'll need a few shot plays passing in this one. 

We have so much speed on defense, if we can tackle well I have confidence going against the option. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,942
  • Days Won:  12

Navy will be tough. Our only chance is if our offense keeps up because our defense won't be familiar with Navy

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14

Navy will be tough. Our only chance is if our offense keeps up because our defense won't be familiar with Navy

Tulane wasn't familiar with them and held them solidly in check for 2.5 quarters. We have a much better defense then Tulane and way better talent. This game is there for the taking. Navy's defense is probably on par with Syracuse. We've seen two defenses heads and heels better then them. Stay in position on defense and we'll be fine.

If Flowers and Mack are healthy I say this is a toss-up. 

Tulane wasn't familiar with them and held them solidly in check for 2.5 quarters. We have a much better defense then Tulane and way better talent. This game is there for the taking. Navy's defense is probably on par with Syracuse. We've seen two defenses heads and heels better then them. Stay in position on defense and we'll be fine.

If Flowers and Mack are healthy I say this is a toss-up. 

I agree.... Navy is not going to steamroll our defense.  Tulane and Notre Dame have shown how to stop the Middies... and Tom Allen has proven to be a great D.C... so I expect he will design a defensive gameplan to counter... and it will be up to the DL and LBs to execute.  I expect more of a 4-3 look for a lot of the game.

This will be a quick game... with a lot of rushing keeping the clock running.  It might be over before 3:00pm!!

The only question is whether CWT will keep calling good games... or does he fall back and play it safe... and we all know that #SafeIsDeath

Guest PCBull14

I agree.... Navy is not going to steamroll our defense.  Tulane and Notre Dame have shown how to stop the Middies... and Tom Allen has proven to be a great D.C... so I expect he will design a defensive gameplan to counter... and it will be up to the DL and LBs to execute.  I expect more of a 4-3 look for a lot of the game.
This will be a quick game... with a lot of rushing keeping the clock running.  It might be over before 3:00pm!!

The only question is whether CWT will keep calling good games... or does he fall back and play it safe... and we all know that #SafeIsDeath

Agree, interested to see what Allen dials up. He was on the Ole Miss staff when they ripped apart Georgia Tech's option in a bowl game. Hopefully he can take the USF version of the 4-2-5 and do the same against Navy. 

I don't think the play if safe offensive mentality will ever be back while CWT is in charge. Gut instinct tells me he has turned the corner.  Even with the receivers having a tough day he still keep calling plays for them. I like how this teams looks now even if we lose to Navy. 38-14 win and we really didn't play to well on offense. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Navy will destroy us!

Welcome back.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I'm working on a way to get 3 of us to the game.  Could rent a car, but is anyone going up thru DC that could have room for 3...in exchange for gas $$ and maybe a few beers?