• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

This team is real

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

Starting conference play has a way of dragging down that record. When you start playing against your peers and you lose, those wins against smaller schools don't really represent who you are as a team anymore, if it ever did.

True but they still had a winning record. Syracuse was a good win...they almost beat a ranked Pitt yesterday. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Days Won:  0

Its not that we are winning games against opponents we are supposed to but we are beating them the way we should beat them which gives me hope. I dont think our defense is spectacular but they are good enough to hold just about any offense to 20 points.  I also think our offense is good enough to score 30 points on just about anybody so this gap gives me hope every game.  The only game I see us not putting up 30 may be the Temple game but I think we can still out score them without mistakes.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

I'm just glad I don't go through life like the way some of you curmudgeons do.  When we beat Syracuse, it was "one game doesn't mean anything, beat UConn next week then we'll talk".  When we beat UConn it was "two games is nothing, I want to see a trend, beat SMU, then we'll talk".  Now that we beat SMU, its "well we should of beat those teams, do something against a decent team, then we'll talk".  If we beat Navy next week, I'm sure it will be "well they play a gimmick offense, beat a team with a real offense, then we'll talk".   Do you guys smile and enjoy anything in life, or do you permanently walk around with a scowl on your face?  I mean its one thing to be excited but apprehensive (which some are), its a whole different thing when some of you are still looking for ways to talk down on the team and diminish wins. Why are even a fan if you can't even enjoy it when your team wins? 

Edited by Bullshiznitz
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It feels great to go to a game (especially at home) and win convincingly.  The team seems to be working cohesively both on offense and defense.  I am very pleased with what I saw last night.  

Do I think CWT should be retained after this year?  At this point yes.  Going with a new (different) coach means a whole new period of rebuilding.  I'd rather us continue to improve with the team we have rather than have to start from scratch once again.

After this season some of our top players will be gone (as seniors/graduates).  The proof of how well CWT recruited will show next season as (I believe) all of the athletes will be from his recruitment.  Also have Woolard competing with Flowers should be fun to watch.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

I'm just glad I don't go through life like the way some of you curmudgeons do.  When we beat Syracuse, it was "one game doesn't mean anything, beat UConn next week then we'll talk".  When we beat UConn it was "two games is nothing, I want to see a trend, beat SMU, then we'll talk".  Now that we beat SMU, its "well we should of beat those teams, do something against a decent team, then we'll talk".  If we beat Navy next week, I'm sure it will be "well they play a gimmick offense, beat a team with a real offense, then we'll talk".   Do you guys smile and enjoy anything in life, or do you permanently walk around with a scowl on your face?  I mean its one thing to be excited but apprehensive (which some are), its a whole different thing when some of you are still looking for ways to talk down on the team and diminish wins. Why are even a fan if you can't even enjoy it when your team wins? 

Exactly.  This team has proven they are much improved over what we v have seen the last few years.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Let us beat a team with a winning record, then i will start to believe.

guess you missed the Syracuse game 

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785

funny you say that.  I watched GT beat FSU last night with an offense that runs just a handful of plays.  We'll be playing a team next week that runs the very same offense designed by GT's coach. And people are saying it will be a tough game for us.

you do what you need to do to win.  I never thought after the last 4 years I'd see Bulls fans complaining about wins.

Just hard to believe.

They always have a reason to complain... there like nagy women.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235

You could just see it when we played Memphis that things had changed and that those young men were becomming a team instead of just a bunch of guys playing together.  It has improved from there, and I see no reason why it should not continue to build in the future. 

Only an idiot would fire coach T after this and try to start the process over again with somebody else.  He has built a team.

Go Bulls!

For me ... at the start of the season, I felt this team had the talent to do something big... I might have been the most excited fan on here... I could see Flowers had little flashes of Grothe-esque plays during the Spring game.

Against FAMU, we ran a vanilla offense and I didn't read a lot into it - other than we didn't struggle.

Against FSU, I was optimisic, but felt we would lose... I never expected our defense to allow Cook to gash us the way he did... and on offense, CWT tried to call the same plays against FSU that he did against FAMU -- and we had a lot of punts as a result.

Maryland is when my optimism started to sour.  The Terps secondary was ripe for the taking... but CWT missed chances (and the WRs dropped some passes)... then, after Flowers had engineered a drive to score, Bench comes in.

Memphis flipped me over the edge.  With two weeks to prepare, CWT decided that he wanted to run-run-run-punt a few times... Tom Allen's defense did everything right... and CWT could not call anything right.

After Memphis, I was ready to fire Taggart.  It wasn't the players' fault.  It was his and his alone.  Yes, I was upset this team wasn't living up to my expectations... but it was more than that... this team was not being ALLOWED to live up to the potential that I and many others saw this summer.  It was like CWT was too scared to let go.

Then it happened.

CWT took the reigns off the offense.  Syracuse. U Conn. SMU.

Yes, they were lesser opponents than many on our schedule... but the WAY the offense was allowed to go out and play.  Yes, mistakes were made... and the team had to rally past them, to not fixate on them... and they did.

The team was ready from the start, but the coach wasn't... so I am off the "Fire Taggart" band wagon because his playcalling has gotten a lot better.  SMU may have been the BEST game he has called since he arrived!!

THIS offense and THIS defense can win the rest of the games on the calendar, even Navy and Temple.  I don't think or expect that to happen, but I know it could... as long as CWT continues to let the Bulls play.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

For me ... at the start of the season, I felt this team had the talent to do something big... I might have been the most excited fan on here... I could see Flowers had little flashes of Grothe-esque plays during the Spring game.

Against FAMU, we ran a vanilla offense and I didn't read a lot into it - other than we didn't struggle.

Against FSU, I was optimisic, but felt we would lose... I never expected our defense to allow Cook to gash us the way he did... and on offense, CWT tried to call the same plays against FSU that he did against FAMU -- and we had a lot of punts as a result.

Maryland is when my optimism started to sour.  The Terps secondary was ripe for the taking... but CWT missed chances (and the WRs dropped some passes)... then, after Flowers had engineered a drive to score, Bench comes in.

Memphis flipped me over the edge.  With two weeks to prepare, CWT decided that he wanted to run-run-run-punt a few times... Tom Allen's defense did everything right... and CWT could not call anything right.

After Memphis, I was ready to fire Taggart.  It wasn't the players' fault.  It was his and his alone.  Yes, I was upset this team wasn't living up to my expectations... but it was more than that... this team was not being ALLOWED to live up to the potential that I and many others saw this summer.  It was like CWT was too scared to let go.

Then it happened.

CWT took the reigns off the offense.  Syracuse. U Conn. SMU.

Yes, they were lesser opponents than many on our schedule... but the WAY the offense was allowed to go out and play.  Yes, mistakes were made... and the team had to rally past them, to not fixate on them... and they did.

The team was ready from the start, but the coach wasn't... so I am off the "Fire Taggart" band wagon because his playcalling has gotten a lot better.  SMU may have been the BEST game he has called since he arrived!!

THIS offense and THIS defense can win the rest of the games on the calendar, even Navy and Temple.  I don't think or expect that to happen, but I know it could... as long as CWT continues to let the Bulls play.

My thoughts EXACTLY.

I'm not sure CWT believed in, or trusted, his guys early on. And I don't care how or why he changed. This TEAM is for real as compared to the first 3 games.

They're all learning and growing into something we can all be proud of.

GO BULLS!