• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

Beat SMU to get to 4 then upset one of the following teams ( navy, ecu, temple, cincy) and beat ucf and we are bowl elgible. This is the easiest path for us

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

My god 4-2 would look so much better.  I sooooooo wish we hadn't laid that egg against Maryland.  

Yeah, but 1) it didn't cost us anything in the conference and 2) we've WON these games, not escaped with a W...[edit] like last year.

Edited by raptorcj

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

These guys fight... I like the attitude this year.  After the Maryland game they picked up their play and haven't really let off.  The let Memphis off the hook but have pretty much played really good ball the last three games.  Now we're starting to see that athleticism on the outside.  It's great.  And while I know a lot don't like Flowers at QB, he's the perfect type of QB for this system.  He is more than a RB playing QB.  He's an actual Dual Threat QB.  

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Our sophomores are pretty good. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

These guys fight... I like the attitude this year.  After the Maryland game they picked up their play and haven't really let off.  The let Memphis off the hook but have pretty much played really good ball the last three games.  Now we're starting to see that athleticism on the outside.  It's great.  And while I know a lot don't like Flowers at QB, he's the perfect type of QB for this system.  He is more than a RB playing QB.  He's an actual Dual Threat QB.  

If he gets more cconsistent on his deep ball we should put up 30 or more weekly. With how we run the ball teams are going to give those to us. If he can start consistently hitting them and still hurting defenses with his legs, look out..... 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

The one thing that stood out to me was there were no real major mistakes and especially no huge penalties at the wrong time (actually impressed how few penalties we had today.

Understated statistic, but huge.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

If he gets more cconsistent on his deep ball we should put up 30 or more weekly. With how we run the ball teams are going to give those to us. If he can start consistently hitting them and still hurting defenses with his legs, look out..... 

I totally agree.  I now have confidence we can make in game adjustments when things aren't going well.. that was HUGE!

Understated statistic, but huge.

I concur

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I keep saying it, SMU will not be a cupcake. They've lost some close games, mostly on depth. But I'm not sure they've faced as good a D, so if we can hold their O for a half I think we might wear them down & win like we did the last couple of weeks.

Someone else mentioned adversity, and that's a HUUUGE difference for us this year--proud of how these guys bounce back and especially QF.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,002
  • Days Won:  38

That was a huge road win. .500 with a horrible SMU coming in.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

If the defense can learn to tackle better they will be much improved.  Hopefully Allen works more on that.