• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is like the fifth time...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Bad QB play hides a lot of talent, especially WR and TE talent.  I think it's there, it's just been masked. 

Adams, Price, Dillon, Bronson have all had high profile bungled plays. If they are superstars in hiding I'm not seeing it.

I hate to lose patience so early in a coach's tenure, but this all has to fall on Taggart's shoulders. These are his guys we are seeing mostly. Either they aren't that good, or they "aren't executing" - which still falls on him. I'm not sure I believe that he can get us where we needs to be anymore.

I remember Demaryius Thomas had a pretty high profile bungled play against UGA his last year at GT.  He was good, but when he got into an offense in the NFL where he was fed the ball a lot more than 5 times a game (if he was lucky), he thrived.

Our WRs are young.  Give them a chance.  Adams and Price are veterans but it's a travesty the career Price has had.  He could have done so much better for us with a better QB.  Dillon had a sweet one-handed catch for a TD tonight.  He'll be fun to watch once Woulard is our man.

Agreed on the coaching though.  I've lost most of the faith I've had in him. 

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

Here's my opinion on taggart. He has done a fantastic job in bringing talent onto this roster on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball, and he has brought in good coordinators on both sides of the ball. His biggest issue is play calling, and that is a HUGE issue. He has a decent quarterback, who showed he could throw the ball decently at the end, but he doesn't let him throw it at all in the first three quarters. He keeps on pounding it up the middle, which worked early but then Memphis sold out on the run and it didn't work at all. This could easily be a winning football program if he gave up the play calling to one of the offensive coordinators who actually knows what he is doing. Also, their " High tempo offense" hasn't seemed to exist so far because it takes forever to call the plays, we are normally snapping the ball at 25 seconds.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

Just look at Michigan as a perfect example as to what good coaching can do

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

I just posted this in the postgame thread:

Did somebody ask Taggert why he didn't explode when the Memphis defensive player tackled Flowers hard, yanking his shoulder pads downwards arguably entirely out of bounds? At the very least, exploding at the refs for the 'no call' would've given his team the message he had their backs. Instead, it happened RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM and he didn't even peep.

He's NOT the solution. NEXT!

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Bad QB play hides a lot of talent, especially WR and TE talent.  I think it's there, it's just been masked. 

Adams, Price, Dillon, Bronson have all had high profile bungled plays. If they are superstars in hiding I'm not seeing it.

I hate to lose patience so early in a coach's tenure, but this all has to fall on Taggart's shoulders. These are his guys we are seeing mostly. Either they aren't that good, or they "aren't executing" - which still falls on him. I'm not sure I believe that he can get us where we needs to be anymore.

I remember Demaryius Thomas had a pretty high profile bungled play against UGA his last year at GT.  He was good, but when he got into an offense in the NFL where he was fed the ball a lot more than 5 times a game (if he was lucky), he thrived.

Our WRs are young.  Give them a chance.  Adams and Price are veterans but it's a travesty the career Price has had.  He could have done so much better for us with a better QB.  Dillon had a sweet one-handed catch for a TD tonight.  He'll be fun to watch once Woulard is our man.

Agreed on the coaching though.  I've lost most of the faith I've had in him. 

Thomas also had over a thousand yards on the year that year. He was already a star. But I know you know that comparison is hyperbolic. When Adams wins a game for us, I'll forgive him the occasional (or frequent, as it seems) bad play. I think Price has always been overrated... he hasn't produced with any QB on the field - even Daniels. Bronson seems to be just awful.

Dillon shows flashes of promise but basically gave the game away to FSU with his boneheaded fade play.

The only guy I've seen that has looked like a solid receiving option is Barr. Who knows why we aren't using him more, but it's not like that's the only head-scratcher when you look at our offensive game plan.

• Content Count:  6

Our running backs are more talented then they have ever been. Defensive line is solid, and wide receivers are all talented but still very young and playing poorly.

I think this team does have great players, but it won't take a new QB (Flowers played well tonight), it will take a new coach. Taggart doesn't know how to adjust to his opponent, has poor clock management, and zero creativity in playcalling. Woulard isn't going to fix that.

If this team had a good coach we would be in a bowl game this year.

Our running backs are more talented then they have ever been. Defensive line is solid, and wide receivers are all talented but still very young and playing poorly.

I think this team does have great players, but it won't take a new QB (Flowers played well tonight), it will take a new coach. Taggart doesn't know how to adjust to his opponent, has poor clock management, and zero creativity in playcalling. Woulard isn't going to fix that.

If this team had a good coach we would be in a bowl game this year.

Agree 100%

There have been no adjustments in any game since he's been coach. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  25

Just look at Michigan as a perfect example as to what good coaching can do

Yeah just add $10M of coaching to perpetual top ranked recruiting classes and get three wins at home over mediocre teams. Whats taking Harlan so long to just copy that?

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  118

Bring back Leavitt, or fold the program. We've been lapped by UCF. Soon enough, they'll deny wanting to play us.

Sucks to be us.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Look I think CWT is sinking his own ship but no way in hell did QF play a QB anything near well enough tonight. Can he execute his 10 plays sure, did he hit his one long ball, yeah but he is clearly holding back this offense.  The only reason his numbers look good is bc about 3/4 where not actually passes beyond the line of scrimmage, and the other 1/4  of that came when Memphis was giving 5 yrd cushions.  I bet other running backs can make those same throws with that much cushion. The only way QF would be successfulwith his current skill set would be at GT or Navy.

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Look I think CWT is sinking his own ship but no way in hell did QF play anything near well tonight. Can he execute his 10 plays sure, did he hit his one long ball, yeah but he is clearly holding back this offense.  The only reason his numbers look good is bc more than 3/4 where not actually passes beyond the line of scrimmage, and the other 1/4 that where came when Memphis was giving 5 yrd cushions.  I bet other running backs can make those same throws with that much cushion. The only way QF would be successfulwith his current skill set would be at GT or Navy.

I want to see him making those throws before garbage time and the prevent defense. Of course no way CWT is going to allow that. Any QB recruited to FBS should be able to make those passes against a prevent defense, they aren't much of a barometer of ability other than that he can take what they give him. We still know very little about any ability because of CWT and his limited playbook.

• Upvote 1