• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is like the fifth time...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

...I have created a thread on this same topic over the past few years, but I just don't see the endless talent that others seem to see on the field. I don't think we are one decent QB away from being a winning football team. We have some players that aren't physically capable of making plays and a TON of others that might but aren't executing. At every position. We've seen no ability to coach them up, and when you couple that with the horrendous play calling and game planning, I think we are a long way away from a team that can consistently win against good teams.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

It's the coaching. 100%. 

You don't see it because the coach doesn't know how to develop  it. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Talent is there but coaches don't know what to do with them

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

That is not a top 25 team out there, no. 

But a team that could go 8-4 in a bad conference? They should be. 

But yeah, there is no Nate Allen, JPP, Selvie, Grothe, etc out there. Whether that is a lack of development from this crap coaching staff, or just a lack of top end talent, I can't say for certain.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

How the hell did we beat auburn and fsu...? They had way more talent. It's coaching. look how FSU turned around after bowden stepped down. Coaching. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Bad QB play hides a lot of talent, especially WR and TE talent.  I think it's there, it's just been masked. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Our running backs are more talented then they have ever been. Defensive line is solid, and wide receivers are all talented but still very young and playing poorly.

I think this team does have great players, but it won't take a new QB (Flowers played well tonight), it will take a new coach. Taggart doesn't know how to adjust to his opponent, has poor clock management, and zero creativity in playcalling. Woulard isn't going to fix that.

If this team had a good coach we would be in a bowl game this year.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Bad QB play hides a lot of talent, especially WR and TE talent.  I think it's there, it's just been masked. 

Adams, Price, Dillon, Bronson have all had high profile bungled plays. If they are superstars in hiding I'm not seeing it.

I hate to lose patience so early in a coach's tenure, but this all has to fall on Taggart's shoulders. These are his guys we are seeing mostly. Either they aren't that good, or they "aren't executing" - which still falls on him. I'm not sure I believe that he can get us where we needs to be anymore.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Our running backs are more talented then they have ever been. Defensive line is solid, and wide receivers are all talented but still very young and playing poorly.

I think this team does have great players, but it won't take a new QB (Flowers played well tonight), it will take a new coach. Taggart doesn't know how to adjust to his opponent, has poor clock management, and zero creativity in playcalling. Woulard isn't going to fix that.

I hope Woulard is not our AD again. LOL

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

I hope Woulard is not our AD again. LOL

No...he is our QB next year (most likely).