• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Recruiting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  34
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, looks bad on the recruiting side for UCF too:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-recruiting/blog/os-chris-hays-the-prospector-ucf-recruiting-furman-20150921-column.html

Maybe if we start winning, we can pull in some of their better prospects.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Especially with things like this

“The man [Fisher] told me to stay after the game and then he just flaked on me,†said Becker, who said he did not talk to any UCF coaches Saturday. “He tells me to come to the game and he'll talk to me, and I didn't even get to see him.

“I just thought they didn't like me. I felt unwanted, like no one even knew me.â€

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Especially with things like this

“The man [Fisher] told me to stay after the game and then he just flaked on me,†said Becker, who said he did not talk to any UCF coaches Saturday. “He tells me to come to the game and he'll talk to me, and I didn't even get to see him.

“I just thought they didn't like me. I felt unwanted, like no one even knew me.â€

FWIW, when I just read it the article has been updated:

"Becker initially told the Sentinel assistant coach Travis Fisher ignored the chance to meet with him, but the cornerback later clarified he didn’t arrange the meeting directly with Fisher.

Becker told the Sentinel Tuesday he spoke with a UCF staff member about meeting with Fisher following the game.

“I don’t know who the guy was. We were going to leave, but he said, ‘No stay for the rest of the game. We’ll get you to the locker room to talk to the coaches,’ †Becker said. “So I was like, ‘All right,’ and we stayed. … We went to the locker room after the game, and he was like, ‘No, can’t come in.’ † 

Sources told the Orlando Sentinel UCF coaches were not aware Becker was at the game thanks, in part, to his late arrival." 

But then there's this nice bit:

"The Knights' recruiting class had already suffered a blow last week when Panhandle quarterback Sawyer Smith of Taft High in Cantonment flipped on the Knights for Troy University. Yes, he picked Troy over UCF. At least the Trojans have won a game."

Edited by NCBull