• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Not just FIRE Willie, but a Grass Roots effort to bring back CJL!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

It's not happening. Hopefully yall are kidding but my gut tells me you're not. CJL is NEVER coming back.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I will say this. I'm confused why it's such a crazy idea. There are countless people who have left and returned to a company or team in the past. He's back in college and will get a head job somewhere.

I'm naive I guess. In my job I have to battle against people who would happily see me get fired or go to jail on a mistake that would get them rich and move past it quickly and deal with them again.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252

I'd love to see it but it just won't happen. Just hire Magee or Davis na dee should get it turned around with one of these coaches

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

This **** is ridiculous and lowers us as a program.

Edited by WWMJD

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Wasn't it in his settlement that He couldn't ever coach here again? I know I read that, but I'm not sure where.

If it isn't. Then He should be a serious candidate when Tags is gone. I loved Leavitt, but it wasn't all great when he was here. We had some terrible losses as well, but the ceiling was much higher.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252

Wasn't it in his settlement that He couldn't ever coach here again? I know I read that, but I'm not sure where.

If it isn't. Then He should be a serious candidate when Tags is gone. I loved Leavitt, but it wasn't all great when he was here. We had some terrible losses as well, but the ceiling was much higher.

One of his conditions in the settlement was that he could never apply for any position at USF ever again so he will never come back.

When Leavitt initially filed the suit, he sought only to get his old job back, but the fine print of his settlement makes it clear that will never happen. The settlement stipulates that Leavitt cannot apply for any job at USF "in any capacity," and that if he does, USF "is free to reject and disregard it."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-settles-ex-coach-jim-leavitts-lawsuit-for-275-million/1144945

Edited by bullsfan27

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

One of his conditions in the settlement was that he could never apply for any position at USF ever again so he will never come back.

When Leavitt initially filed the suit, he sought only to get his old job back, but the fine print of his settlement makes it clear that will never happen. The settlement stipulates that Leavitt cannot apply for any job at USF "in any capacity," and that if he does, USF "is free to reject and disregard it."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-settles-ex-coach-jim-leavitts-lawsuit-for-275-million/1144945

As much as that sucked to read.... no, it just sucked

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

^^^^ /thread

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Not that I would want to get entangled in this thread, but if USF wanted him, they could get him, despite that goofy part of his settlement. 

I don't think Skippy or Willie actually "applied" for the job.

Quite honestly, I'll think he could come back in some form down the road.  It has happened elsewhere.  However, I hope he never does - at least not while the Genshaft is still around.  Judy doesn't deserve it and neither do many of the fans, donors and liars that created or capitalized on that mess. 

Good luck in Colorado to CJL.  Go Buffs!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1