• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Genshaft wants to come back next year

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

no

she did a fine job but it is time to move on

going from the big east to aac did it for me

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

In terms of fundraising and raising an academic bar I believe Genshaft has done a very good job here.  She deserves to stay and I think it could push us further up that academic ladder (which is what really matters in College).

I will say, our bump down from BigEast to AAC athletically hurt us.  Loss of opportunity to put the brand out there on a national stage.  But you can hardly fault the woman for all of that.  Maybe some blame lies on her and her office, but I think our own decline around the time of Conference realignment and our do-nothing athletic department attitude was the main factor in all that.  

4 more years.  :P

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

no

she did a fine job but it is time to move on

going from the big east to aac did it for me

#1 is a legitimate point. She's had a very long tenure as president. Twice the average of a typical president.

#2 is nonsense. We may not like the AAC but USF is here for education and for research, not for athletics.

Edited by George_Bullnard_Shaw

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

I was at the Cincy/USF Halloween game in 2003 at RJS. Genshaft came out to greet my section before the game (I was sitting first row next to the student section) to give us all high fives. I was holding a beer in one hand and accidently dumped beer on her when I bent over to give her a high five lol. I am lucky to say that I dumped beer on Genshaft! A story to tell my grandchildren.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

Losing out in conference realignment is no reason for getting rid of Judy. Go by academic merit alone. We're fine where we're at. Leave her in place until she's ready to go or we clearly regress in academics.

IMO, we're falling victim to the "you don't know what you've got til it's gone" routine. We were confident that Leavitt was costing us too much money for the results we were getting. Not ready for USF to foul up a search for the most important position there is.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

We need to Genshaft Chief Osceola tomorrow. Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Actually, Genshaft even helps with recruiting.

This blurb from an article on Thomas Dziagwa, a BB player who just visited this past weekend:

Dziagwa, who shot almost 38 percent (119-316) on 3-pointers last season for Tampa Catholic and 48 percent beyond the arc this summer for the Adidas Florida Suns, has narrowed his 22 scholarship offers to six finalists: FGCU, USF, UNF, Butler, Oklahoma State and Stephen F. Austin.

After he makes his official visit to USF on Friday, FGCU is second on the list, a potential advantage.

“A lot of players don’t make that,†the elder Dziagwa said of later scheduled visits. “USF, they’ve got the president of the university meeting him. They’re pulling out all the stops.â€

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Losing out in conference realignment is no reason for getting rid of Judy. Go by academic merit alone. We're fine where we're at. Leave her in place until she's ready to go or we clearly regress in academics.

IMO, we're falling victim to the "you don't know what you've got til it's gone" routine. We were confident that Leavitt was costing us too much money for the results we were getting. Not ready for USF to foul up a search for the most important position there is.

Exactly.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Actually Genshaft even helps with recruiting.

This blurb froman an article on Thomas Dziagwa, a BB player who just visited this past weekend:

Dziagwa, who shot almost 38 percent (119-316) on 3-pointers last season for Tampa Catholic and 48 percent beyond the arc this summer for the Adidas Florida Suns, has narrowed his 22 scholarship offers to six finalists: FGCU, USF, UNF, Butler, Oklahoma State and Stephen F. Austin.

After he makes his official visit to USF on Friday, FGCU is second on the list, a potential advantage.

“A lot of players don’t make that,†the elder Dziagwa said of later scheduled visits. “USF, they’ve got the president of the university meeting him. They’re pulling out all the stops.â€

She is special

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,419
  • Days Won:  19

Genshaft was great...

I never said she wasn't. Wonderful job.

She is still paid WAY TOO MUCH.

Her work should not put her in the 9th most paid college President.

• Upvote 1