• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

O'Leary stepping down at end of season...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Hope he goes out with the same record he came in with !!!

+1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

If this is his last year, it is 100% certain he will have a lifetime losing record against us. 

Since he will either be 2-5 or 3-4 at best against USF. (includes a 0-0 record against USF while at Notre Dame for that week, during the off season)

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Me too!

Yeah, but I provided proof :P

Me too!

Oh, you mean it had to be posted on TBP?

Be like that tree in the forest...

Sorry, I don't post every time I read something on here.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

If this is his last year, it is 100% certain he will have a lifetime losing record against us. 

Since he will either be 2-5 or 3-4 at best against USF. (includes a 0-0 record against USF while at Notre Dame for that week, during the off season)

Now that is quality material.  Steven Colbert is starting a new gig.  See if he needs more writers.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  262
  • Days Won:  2

Hey hiring a giant liar to run your whole athletic program!  Great!  Anyone think he's going to KILL in his new position?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I said it before during the above predictions, he's basically the only name brand the school has to use for potential P5 relationships. I predict he's gonna backfire at that level, but really I don't hate the guy. I'll take Harlan all day long over GOL for that role.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Me too!

Yeah, but I provided proof :P

Me too!

Oh, you mean it had to be posted on TBP?

Be like that tree in the forest...

Sorry, I don't post every time I read something on here.

I'm just screwing with you

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Flashback...... to last year. It must be a slow news day.....Has Wolken even visited UCF? I'll bet not.

And the same was said last year....

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ucf-knights-george-oleary-sources-considering-stepping-down-2014-080914

The next coach is already there.....if GOL becomes the AD, there will be no Head Coach search. 

Yeah, but at that time you had an AD.  Now that he's the interim AD, it would be perfect timing.

Apis, I agree completely. The original story from Feldman last year, was that GOL was going to retire after the Ireland game. He too relied on sources. Everyone  who read that had to react the same way W T Hell? That made zero sense.

I would say his moving on is 50/50 Good year, see ya. bad year, he will come back for Holmans senior year and the swan song away games which are really good next year. GOL does not play golf. AD for him is not a full time job IMO, thus saying that he is done, is still a little early IMO.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

Flashback...... to last year. It must be a slow news day.....Has Wolken even visited UCF? I'll bet not.

And the same was said last year....

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ucf-knights-george-oleary-sources-considering-stepping-down-2014-080914

The next coach is already there.....if GOL becomes the AD, there will be no Head Coach search. 

Yeah, but at that time you had an AD.  Now that he's the interim AD, it would be perfect timing.

Apis, I agree completely. The original story from Feldman last year, was that GOL was going to retire after the Ireland game. He too relied on sources. Everyone  who read that had to react the same way W T Hell? That made zero sense.

I would say his moving on is 50/50 Good year, see ya. bad year, he will come back for Holmans senior year and the swan song away games which are really good next year. GOL does not play golf. AD for him is not a full time job IMO, thus saying that he is done, is still a little early IMO.

that would scare me if our AD had that view

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

GOL walks in the office at 5:00 AM each morning. Not many AD's do that.

It  is a full time job, but I doubt that he will need to dedicate 40 hours per week to an administrative job. That's just my opinion.