• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Zebold: Taggart's Bulls Have a Winning Attitude

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Contrast this with the recent Joey Knight article and you can clearly see the difference between journalism and public relations.

The cynical and pessimistic members here will call BS on this...

Okay, I'll be that guy. I think the article had very little substance.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

An encouraging read, I liked it. If energy and a can-win attitude is all the substance that comes of this effort, it'll be well worth it. I'm still in the "show me" camp, but I'm looking forward to the season!

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

So maybe we are talking the talk.  Pretty soon it'll be time to see if we can walk the walk.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

At tonight's practice I sensed a lot more swagger from the D than the O.  The coaches on the D side were very animated and energetic.  Players seemed to pick up on that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I've got a good feeling about Allen

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I'd love to see the D get back to the energy and passion of the D back way in the day.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

There is no question we used to have swagger (warranted or not) and I never went into game thinking we could not win. We also could lose to just about anyone but at least the games we exciting.  

It would be nice to go to a game and feel excited about the product on the field again.  Willie is certainly saying the right things and recruiting lights out so hopefully it will pay off.

I agree 100%.

I hope that swagger comes back like it was when JPP and Selvie were causing ruckus.

I will tell you one thing, you put a label on yourselves like the "Bull Sharks," then you %^&* well better not end up looking like flipper out there!

Indeed

:GoBulls: 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

There is no question we used to have swagger (warranted or not) and I never went into game thinking we could not win. We also could lose to just about anyone but at least the games we exciting.  

It would be nice to go to a game and feel excited about the product on the field again.  Willie is certainly saying the right things and recruiting lights out so hopefully it will pay off.

I agree 100%.

I hope that swagger comes back like it was when JPP and Selvie were causing ruckus.

I will tell you one thing, you put a label on yourselves like the "Bull Sharks," then you %^&* well better not end up looking like flipper out there!

Indeed

Hey, now, Flipper had tons of energy, swagger (his "moon walk" comes to mind), and killed sharks to protect his boy, so we might actually want a defense like that...just sayin'. :P

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I agree 100%.

Indeed

Hey, now, Flipper had tons of energy, swagger (his "moon walk" comes to mind), and killed sharks to protect his boy, so we might actually want a defense like that...just sayin'. :P

Flipper lived in a world full of wonder.  Our boys don't need to be living in that world, all aloof and full of curiosity.  They need to live in the world of "I want to hit the **** out of someone."  

I do like the "faster than lightning" and "no one you see is smarter than he" aspect of Flipper's game, so those are admirable traits our team should have.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

I agree 100%.

Indeed

Flipper lived in a world full of wonder.  Our boys don't need to be living in that world, all aloof and full of curiosity.  They need to live in the world of "I want to hit the **** out of someone."  

I do like the "faster than lightning" and "no one you see is smarter than he" aspect of Flipper's game, so those are admirable traits our team should have.  

You're either older than I thought or watching too much Netflix.   :)