• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Data On Plummeting Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Yes the title is deceptive, bu-u-u-u-u-u-t falls in line with slick's desire to see the sport shut down.

Oh please. Sharpen your comprehension skills. I've never said I wanted the demise of CF. And while this article does say much about STUDENT attendance, it also includes statements such as "Schools must cater to both 18-year-old undergraduates and 81-year-old donors" and "One of the shocking things that schools have learned is that football fans, including students, currently care more about clean restrooms than fast Internet.". Its hardly just a student issue as evidenced by many articles such as this one, http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/24891415/college-football-attendance-home-crowds-drop-to-lowest-in-14-years. Or this one http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/01/college_football_2013-14_bowl.html

Tap dance all you want but the only new data on plummeting attendance in the article pertained strictly to students ... the thread title is misleading.

Oh so, only student attendance is plummeting?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,329
  • Content Count:  96,963
  • Days Won:  469

Yes the title is deceptive, bu-u-u-u-u-u-t falls in line with slick's desire to see the sport shut down.

Oh please. Sharpen your comprehension skills. I've never said I wanted the demise of CF.

Just non-contact?

What do you all think is the end game here? Pay Per View only games at boxing match prices? You know the greed of the lucrative TV contracts will keep games on tv. Do teams simply keep going until the stadiums are cleared out but every one is home watching on tv? Do they keep trying in stadium gimmicks that ultimately fail? Significantly lower ticket and concessions prices until the fans come back? Where do you all think that this goes?

While it's becoming less fashionable to actually make money,  It's not greed when someone offers you money for your property.

Ultimately, if the tables are turned too much there are plenty of levers to pull to bring fans back into the stadium. 

Non-story unless you're worried about students and their bathroom preferences. 

They used a Michigan picture in the story.  Let's see if that much space can be found this season in that 110,000 seat stadium this season.

Oh please. Sharpen your comprehension skills. I've never said I wanted the demise of CF.

Just non-contact?

I was in medical imaging for a quarter of a century, several years in orthopedics and the last 15 at a trauma center. I have an interest in medical issues and am pro reducing risk of debilitating brain disease as well as informed consent of the possibility of it occurring in not only football but a number of sports that involve rapid deceleration of the brain. And I find it reprehensible what the NFL did to cover up their knowledge of this issue.

But apparently , many fans could care less. Is that your stance? It's all BS, just play?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I think what Jacksonville discussed doing was ingenious. I'm not sure if they implemented it. They have a massive video board and for half of it they were going to play NFL Red Zone. ESPN has the same type channel called Goal Line. Playing that in college stadiums might bring in fans. If the game sucks you can watch other games from your seat.

That might help.  If nothing else, all that time you are sitting there waiting for the TV commercials to be over so they can run another play you'll have something else to do.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Oh please. Sharpen your comprehension skills. I've never said I wanted the demise of CF. And while this article does say much about STUDENT attendance, it also includes statements such as "Schools must cater to both 18-year-old undergraduates and 81-year-old donors" and "One of the shocking things that schools have learned is that football fans, including students, currently care more about clean restrooms than fast Internet.". Its hardly just a student issue as evidenced by many articles such as this one, http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/24891415/college-football-attendance-home-crowds-drop-to-lowest-in-14-years. Or this one http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/01/college_football_2013-14_bowl.html

Tap dance all you want but the only new data on plummeting attendance in the article pertained strictly to students ... the thread title is misleading.

That specific article did.  But we've been inundate with articles about overall attendence declines across the sport for years. 

I'm not sure why you have decided to beat on slick for that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just non-contact?

I was in medical imaging for a quarter of a century, several years in orthopedics and the last 15 at a trauma center. I have an interest in medical issues and am pro reducing risk of debilitating brain disease as well as informed consent of the possibility of it occurring in not only football but a number of sports that involve rapid deceleration of the brain. And I find it reprehensible what the NFL did to cover up their knowledge of this issue.

But apparently , many fans could care less. Is that your stance? It's all BS, just play?

Just the preference to make decisions about my life, not have someone else feel they should or can.  Pretty simple.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just non-contact?

Put me in the care less column. At this point, anyone playing football is well aware of the risks and rewards.

Just non-contact?

Just the preference to make decisions about my life, not have someone else feel they should or can.  Pretty simple.

Who's stopping you?

No one is stopping me slick, but a lot of guys like you want to involve yourselves (uninvited) in the lives of others.

So let's leave it alone, 'cause we can't see eye to eye
There ain't no good guy, there ain't no bad guy
There's only you and me and we just disagree

• Upvote 1