• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6'1 PF Tamara Henshaw 2016 Verbal WBB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

She is the 4th 2016 player to jump on the USF WBB bandwagon. Congrats!

FPC basketball star Tamara Henshaw verbally commits to South Florida

News-Journal file / NIGEL COOK

By Chris Boyle

chris.boyle@news-jrnl.com

Published: Monday, June 29, 2015 at 5:45 p.m.

Last Modified: Monday, June 29, 2015 at 5:55 p.m.

Flagler Palm Coast rising senior Tamara Henshaw, an All-Area first-team forward who helped the Bulldogs' girls basketball team reach the Class 8A Final Four for the first time in school history, verbally committed to South Florida over the weekend.

Henshaw, who previously visited Cincinnati and claims more than a dozen Division I offers, averaged 11.8 points and 10.7 rebounds per game last season. She transferred to FPC before her junior year after attending Titusville in 2013-14.

She attended a camp in Tampa and received the offer Friday night. She committed Saturday afternoon and plans to sign early in November, according to FPC coach Javier Bevacqua.

"I feel safe on their campus, I love the atmosphere, I love the coaching staff and that they have three hospitals on campus," said Henshaw, who plans to study athletic training and sports medicine. "I've definitely been thinking about it for a while. That night, I thought about it extremely hard."

USF went 27-8 last season, tying a program record for victories, and reached the second round of the NCAA Tournament as a No. 6 seed. The Bulls lost to Louisville 60-52 to finish a game shy of the Sweet 16.

Bevacqua said USF looks to use Henshaw as a power forward who can spread the floor.

"They're getting a player who is going to compete every single day and make everyone around her better," Bevacqua said. "USF is a school who's a top-25 in the RPI. It's huge. For someone to play major Division I ball coming out of our school, she's got talent and it speaks accolades of Flagler Palm Coast as well."

http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20150629/SPORTS/150629484/101001?Title=FPC-basketball-star-Tamara-Henshaw-verbally-commits-to-South-Florida

ESPN lists her at 6'2" and rates her three stars and an 89 grade.

Tamara Angelic*^â–^* retweeted

ProspectsNation.com â€@ProspectsNation 4h4 hours ago

#CommitmentCentral Tamara Henshaw (FL-16) to South Florida. A standout performer for @BlueStar_FL at #PSBPreSeason

This is her twitter: https://twitter.com/LoveDreamLive21

Link to a picture of Tamara and her family with CoachJF. I can't post it.

https://kennykallina.wordpress.com/2014/06/26/fgb-2016-respect-leaphart-commits-to-the-university-of-south-florida/

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Jose putting in work this summer.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Jose putting in work this summer.

Last season's success is doing a lot of the work for him, I'd bet. At least to get kids on campus.

Wow, 6'1 or 2, and over 10 rebounds a game? Sounds like she knows where to be, need some of that toughness and she'll learn a lot from Jenkins!

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Is that Tamara, or another USF commit?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

Is that Tamara, or another USF commit?

That's Respect Leaphart. Can't find a pic of Henshaw with CJF.