• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6'4" Jazz Bond Commits to 2016 WBB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,695
  • Days Won:  7

6'3"/6'4" Jazz Bond high school senior has committed to join CJF and the girls in 2016. She's a three star recruit out of Tennessee according to ESPN. She will bring some extra height down low. Jazz Bond, what a name!

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/190239/jazz-bond

"Strengths:

Jazz is a 6’4″ forward who is extremely long and agile. Jazz is a game changer on the defensive end because of her ability to block and alter shots around the basket. Her agility across the lane allows her to rotate quickly into position from the weak side and is a major deterrent for opposing players. Jazz is also a very good rebounder because of her length.

On the offensive end Jazz can score with both hands around the basket and has an array of scoring moves around the basket. Jazz is already a good shooter from both the mid-range and from the three point line and this should only improve as she matures. Jazz has a very high upside as she will gain strength as she matures to match her already highly developed skills."

http://black.tennesseeteampride.com/players/holloway-2015/class-of-2016/jazz-bond-32/

Edited by USFBulls12

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Great. We need more size to compete against the top teams. That is the one thing we were lacking this past season. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

She will do well. Should keep the team in harmony. Sorry....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Given that summary, sounds like she should have been higher than 3 stars. But that size & agility will definitely help us get big but stay fast. Good get!

Blackman's Jazz Bond commits to USF

Tom Kreager, tkreager@dnj.com 6:03 p.m. CDT June 27, 2015

IMG_Jazz_Bond_1_1_L2B2IH26.jpg_20150613.jpg

(Photo: John A. Gillis/DNJ)

MURFREESBORO – Jazz Bond wanted two things when she was choosing her college basketball destination.

She wanted a place that felt like home. And she wanted a school with a strong nursing program.

The University of South Florida had both.

Bond committed to the Tampa school earlier this weekend, becoming the second Blackman rising senior to commit to a school in the American Athletic Conference.

"I wanted a family environment, and education-wise I wanted a great nursing program because I want to be a neonatal nurse," Bond said. "They have one of the top nursing programs. In the state of Florida they are ranked No. 1. They have a great nursing program.

"I also love the coaches. They have great stability because they have been there for so many years. And I like their basketball team."

Bond, a 6-foot-3 post player, is a two-year starter for the two-time state champion Lady Blaze. She averaged 7.9 points, 7.3 rebounds, 2 steals and 2 blocks this past season.

Bond said she has a relative that lives in the Tampa area.

"My aunt lives there," Bond said. "It's close to the beach, close to all of the amusement parks, and I have a relative there."

USF lost to Louisville in the second round of the NCAA tournament and finished 27-8 this past season under 15-year head coach Jose Fernandez.

The Bulls were runner-up to national champion Connecticut in the American Athletic Conference tournament championship game.

Bond joins teammate Crystal Dangerfield (Connecticut) and Oakland's Shelby Gibson (Ole Miss) as college basketball commitments from District 7-AAA for the Class of 2016.

Commitments are non-binding for the school and the athlete. Bond cannot sign until the early signing period begins Nov. 11.

All five starters from Blackman's state championship team from this past season has now either signed or committed to a Division I program.

Bond's other college offers included Elon, Louisiana Tech and Liberty and had interest from several other schools.

"I've been really thinking about it," Bond said. "When I went to visit there, I just knew that this was the place for me. I talked to my parents about it, and they loved the school too."

http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/06/27/jazz-bond-commits-usf/29407103/

Seems like the investments that USF and Judy have made into our academic programs has convinced at least one talented athlete to recognize success of one of our programs and join the Bulls!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Beaches and nurses FTW! Love her name. Welcome Jazz!

Her teammate, Crystal Dangerfield, was the first 2016 verbal for UConn. It will be an interesting match up when we play them, since she is only 5'6.

Article on her when she committed to UConn:

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/11732075/connecticut-gets-verbal-no-3-junior-crystal-dangerfield

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

That's a big young woman