According to Kendall Rogers at perfect game, USF should look at Illinois State Head Coach Mark Kingston.
Here is some background on Kingston:
2000-2001 was an assistant coach at Miami University under Jim Morris and won a National Championship
2002-2008 was the Associate Head Coach at Tulane University. Helped Tulane reach 6 regionals, 2 super regionals and 1 College World Series (the #1 seed in the nation) Was the reason Tulane was so good. Was a great recruiter and recruited Florida.
2009-2014 is the Head Coach at Illinois State University. Has won 2 conference championships and 1 Tournament championship. Has been named Missouri Valley Coach of the year twice which had never been done at Illinois State ever. Has had (5) 30 win seasons, which is the most ever at Illinois State University. Took Illinois State University to the Lousiville Regional in 2010. Broke the schools season wins record twice. 36 wins in 2011 and 39 in 2013.
The interesting thing about Kingston is he has had success at the highest level. He also has Head Coaching experience and has also built a program at Illinois State. Before he got there, according to archives), they were the laughing stock of the league. They had never come close to winning a championship. I think it would be a wise move to take a hard strong look at Kingston based on the following:
1. Has rebuilt a program from scratch
2. Has succeeded at the highest levels of college baseball
3. Has Head Coaching experience
4. Is familiar with the teams in the AAC (basically the old Conference USA)
5. Has proven to be a winner every where he goes
6. HAS FLORIDA TIES from being at Miami and winning it all
7. Finished as runner up for the Oklahoma job and Nebraska job recently according to Kendall Rogers
I would be on board for a hire like this. We need a winner and someone who has the success that Kingston has had.