• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

K.J. Sails, CB/S, 2016, East Bay

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Gulp! Fingers crossed!

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

We're heavy in DBs, so if we don't catch this guy, life goes on.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

38 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

No I graduated a couple of years ago. All I said is he was a POS not because of his decision but the way he made it.... My generation is pretty lame, all attention whores and have to be coddled about everything. Heaven forbid if I mention I don't like the way he did something. Put a fresh tampon in. I just stated my opinion. Stop acting like a pretentious douche all the time.

This is a message board not someones eulogy.

I couldn't give less of a **** whether you like the decision or not, I just don't understand being a grown man and needing to personally attack teenagers and get offended by what they do during their recruiting. As far as I know, the kid stayed out of trouble and has a degree from Vanderbilt/Florida. That's a decent kid in my book.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I couldn't give less of a **** whether you like the decision or not, I just don't understand being a grown man and needing to personally attack teenagers and get offended by what they do during their recruiting. As far as I know, the kid stayed out of trouble and has a degree from Vanderbilt/Florida. That's a decent kid in my book.

The reality is that colleges & fan bases fostered an environment in which these kids felt like superstars & learned to love the attention & people fawning over them.  Trying to lobby for them.  Maybe even "rewarding" or inducing them to join their school.  Of course some are going to milk this.  Many have been pampered their entire playing lives.  For many, this is the pinnacle of demand/attention.  So, some work it (visits, dinners, gear) for all its worth.

And, it's their decision...and they live with the outcome.  For us, the game is entertainment.  For the player, it's one of the biggest decisions they'll ever make.  Let 'em make it in peace.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,351
  • Days Won:  4

11 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Teenager? I'm a year older than him. I also never personally attacked him. It is a d!ck move to put on your local schools hat throw up their hand sign then say haha just kidding and put on a different hat. I'm sure he isn't a dumb person to realize that wasn't a nice move. 

That is all I got offended by... I understand when kids choose other schools than mine and that is okay. Don't worry I got over it immediately, it just reminded me when someone mentioned his name.

You did your job Batman. Way to be the all powerful protector. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

5 minutes ago, JupiterBull said:

The reality is that colleges & fan bases fostered an environment in which these kids felt like superstars & learned to love the attention & people fawning over them.  Trying to lobby for them.  Maybe even "rewarding" or inducing them to join their school.  Of course some are going to milk this.  Many have been pampered their entire playing lives.  For many, this is the pinnacle of demand/attention.  So, some work it (visits, dinners, gear) for all its worth.

And, it's their decision...and they live with the outcome.  For us, the game is entertainment.  For the player, it's one of the biggest decisions they'll ever make.  Let 'em make it in peace.

I'm pretty sure everyone on the board already understands this. Getting mad and calling an 18 year old a POS for making a life changing decision is petty. Whatever though, the end to the recruiting season brings out the emotions.

5 minutes ago, CPR said:

I'm pretty sure everyone on the board already understands this. Getting mad and calling an 18 year old a POS for making a life changing decision is petty. Whatever though, the end to the recruiting season brings out the emotions.

I'm completely with JTrue on this...it's beyond petty.  It's wrong.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,351
  • Days Won:  4

7 minutes ago, CPR said:

Lol it wasn't his decision. It was how he did it. I guess calling him a POS was a little harsh I meant the move was a POS.

I do find it funny that we act like 18 year olds are to be treated like 10 year olds. 18 is an adult. My 18 year old friend was adult enough to die in Iraq for our freedom....

Edited by ForestBull

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  804
  • Days Won:  1

So he's not here this weekend since its Cincy/UNC? He better go to UNC if that's the case. Cincy sucks. Was great drubbing them last year. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

No one ever said it was down to cincy and unc.