• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

2016 - WBB G/F - Respect Leaphart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Meantime, per @KennyKallina, #USF's women got commitment from Fort Myers Dunbar 6-footer Respect Leaphart. Led '14 team to 4A state final.

South Florida receives 2016 verbal commitment from Respect Leaphart 6-0 F Dunbar HS FL. AAU squad FGB & Kenny Kallina.

Seth Soffian â€@NewsPressSeth Jun 22

From out of #FGCU's backyard. MT. “@KennyKallina: 2016 Respect Leaphart 6-0 F Dunbar HS committed to South Florida â€

Bqr-cmnIcAAcNJ1.jpg

VIdeos/Info:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3440972/respect-leaphart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5j86vlG_FE

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/respect-leaphart/8The0EMIEeOZXQAmVebBJg/default.htm

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Way to go Jose!

With a name like Leap-heart, you just KNOW she's got some hops

• 3 months later...

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

About a month ago her sister, Luxury Vance, 12, also a basketball player, was shot three times and was in critical condition. She has since recovered and is in good condition. I'm sure many prayers were said for her and I'm thrilled that they were answered.

Here is a link to a related story.

A spokesman for the Lee Memorial Health System said Luxury was in good condition at Healthpark Hospital where she had been taken shortly after she was shot.

Blanks said the girl had undergone surgery earlier.

Blanks said Luxury is a good young lady and talented basketball player and was the equal of her sister Leaphart, a well-known and well-regarded basketball player who has committed to University of South Florida on a basketball scholarship. "They said she might be better than Respect," Blanks said.

http://www.news-press.com/story/news/crime/2015/08/02/little-information-available-shooting-12-year-old-fort-myers-girl/31020803/

Hopefully, she makes a full recovery and ends up one day at USF and follows in the footsteps of her sister.

Remember, Coach Antigua was shot in the head and went on to have a stellar career in both college (Pitt) and professional (Harlem Globetrotters) basketball.

• 1 month later...

Looks like Respect Leaphart ended up signing with Southern Miss. I don't know what happened.

Congrats to #FGB 2016 Respect Leaphart on signing with Southern Miss today another D1 Dunbar Tiger

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Looks like Respect Leaphart ended up signing with Southern Miss. I don't know what happened.

Congrats to #FGB 2016 Respect Leaphart on signing with Southern Miss today another D1 Dunbar Tiger

Wait'll she gets a good look at Mississippi.  Not sure she'll be loving it.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I don't think S. Miss was her preference, coming from H.S. Thinking something may have gone awry. Could she have been a grades casualty?

Dunbar's Respect Leaphart inks with Southern Miss

635799969013867590-Adam-Regan-.jpg ADAM REGAN, AREGAN@NEWS-PRESS.COM5:11 p.m. EST November 12, 2015

635829368044110529-Respect-Leaphart

(Photo: Adam Regan/news-press.com)

598CONNECT 12TWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE

As teammate Keri Jewett signed with the University of Southern Mississippi last year, Dunbar forward Respect Leaphart thought to herself that she could never stray that far from home.

It took a lot for her to even take an official visit toHattiesburg, Mississippi last week. She changed her tune immediately upon arriving. She texted Dunbar coach Dwayne Donnell on her way back that she wanted to sign on the spot.

"It felt like home away from home," Leaphart said.

Leaphart is the second girls basketball player in as many years to sign with Southern Miss, making it official Thursday during the second day of the NCAA's early signing period.

"It's just a relief," Leaphart said. "I've been through so much on and off the court. I didn't think I'd ever make it here. Now, I just kept the confidence and the motivation and it just played out for the better."

A member of three Tiger teams to reach the state Final Four, Leaphart averaged 11.7 points and five rebounds last season. Dunbar finished 24-5 and lost to OrlandoLake Highland Prep in the Class 4A state final.

She has been a hot commodity on the recruiting trail since her sophomore season.

"She's a 6-foot kid who can shoot the 3," Donnell said. "It's a very easy sell for people for her to be that big and shoot the basketball like that."

Originally a University of South Florida verbal commit, Leaphart recently decided to re-open her recruitment.

"Over time you start experiencing different things, looking for different things," Leaphart said. "I think Southern Mississippi is a better fit for me on and off the court."

Southern Miss, which opens its season against Alabama State on Friday, finished 25-11 in 2014-15 and made a trip to the WNIT. This season Jewett, who Leaphart said wasn't a factor in her recruitment, is supposed to make an immediate impact for the Eagles.

"I think this is a good program. I think they're going to do a good job," Donnell said. "They've got two phenomenal players because they've got two Dunbar Tigers."

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

That's why you just never know when dealing with high school kids .... never over till it's over .... which is why I was immensely relieved to see Baxter sign today.