• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MOSI possibly moving downtown? usf impact

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Wasn't sure where the best place to put this...mods please move if you need to.

http://tbo.com/news/business/talks-focus-on-moving-mosi-to-viniks-channel-district-20150425/?page=1

So if the museum is moving it could open up space for something usf related. Like maybe build more dorms, or perhaps an on campus stadium?

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

More than likely OCS with more parking space. Stay tuned!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

Lol @ bulldaly

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

It really would help the museum increase traffic, so it's no wonder it was well-received. LOL at the quote

MOSI ... is not competing well when stacked up against other science museums nationwide.

Everything's a competition these days, I really didn't  realize MOSI's across the US competed with each other, though. How naive of me.

But one thing's very true about that land for all you guys that are ready to count it for an OCS (IF they move MOSI):

that is 80 acres in the epicenter of what could be a spectacular innovation district that could attract the headquarters of high-tech companies.

:o  ruh, roh, raggy.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386
  • Days Won:  0

I've taken my daughter a few times when they have $5 days. Honestly I'm not impressed and would never pay $20. I'd say the impact on USF would be minimal, if at all. At least the ugly Recyleasaurus would be gone.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

At least the ugly Recyleasaurus would be gone.

Kiss your mother with that mouth?!?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Don't move, just close down.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It really would help the museum increase traffic, so it's no wonder it was well-received. LOL at the quote

MOSI ... is not competing well when stacked up against other science museums nationwide.

Everything's a competition these days, I really didn't  realize MOSI's across the US competed with each other, though. How naive of me.

But one thing's very true about that land for all you guys that are ready to count it for an OCS (IF they move MOSI):

that is 80 acres in the epicenter of what could be a spectacular innovation district that could attract the headquarters of high-tech companies.

:o  ruh, roh, raggy.

You left out part of the quote:  “Whether or not that’s USF using the space,†he said, “that is 80 acres in the epicenter of what could be a spectacular innovation district that could attract the headquarters of high-tech companies.â€

I also highlighted the operative word.  This is one persons opinion of what the site could be used for.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,745
  • Days Won:  3

You left out part of the quote:  “Whether or not that’s USF using the space,†he said, “that is 80 acres in the epicenter of what could be a spectacular innovation district that could attract the headquarters of high-tech companies.â€

I also highlighted the operative word.  This is one persons opinion of what the site could be used for.

That's a good point, it is one person's opinion. If there's one knee-jerk mantra that gets spit out every time a piece of land frees up in Tampa, it's "attract the headquarters of high-tech companies". Not that that is a bad idea, far from it. It's just that after a while....

Here's a read on USF related Draper, and high-tech:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/economicdevelopment/talk-of-town-when-it-arrived-draper-lab-sounds-retreat-from-tampa-bay/2226316

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

At least the ugly Recyleasaurus would be gone.

Kiss your mother with that mouth?!?