• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Driskel

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

He's no Mike White, but who is?

you're right. he was rated 11 spots lower

why anybody would want the #120th rated passer on our roster to muddle the situation even further is beyond me

I'll go on a limb and say that Alabama and LSU are better than Tulsa and Tulane

We didn't even play Tulane. You new here?

Nowhere near the point of what he was saying. Playing in the SEC vs the AAC is not even close. Driskel could actually be a pretty good QB in a conference like the AAC or Conference USA. He's been awful thus far, but he's going to the minor leagues now.

It ABSOLUTELY is his point.  The response was to QB ratings, which are based on WHO HE PLAYED.  Driskel actually DID play LSU & Bama. White didn't play Tulane.  If the point was the level of competition, maybe...but the reality of it is, Driskel stunk it up, and had ALL the chances.  He'll get to abuse CUSA Ds in 2015, and pad his stats. Wonder where he'll rank in 2015 v our best.

It may have been Bull94's point, but I do not think it was Joe's. Either way it's not important. If anything Joe's "mistake" of saying Tulane (if it was a mistake) makes it look worse. He could've said Tulsa and SMU instead. 

Comparing Driskel's QB rating in the SEC to Mike White in the AAC is hogwash. 

Why?

If you really don't see the difference between playing a season against SEC competition and the AAC then I can't help you buddy.

Point is he's playing surrounded by SEC players which levels out the playing field, bringing the focus back on HIS qb skills. If that concept escapes you then I can't help ...

You have a point to an extent, but comparing a QB's season that played in the SEC to a QB that played in a dismal conference like the AAC is just stupid. It's not an apples to apples comparison. You really think if Driskell played Tulsa instead of Tennessee, or SMU instead of LSU, or UCF instead of Alabama that his QB rating wouldn't be better? C'mon. ** I have no idea what the Gators schedule was this year, I'm just throwing out SEC teams.