• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jake Rizzo QB St Thomas Aquanis

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Fla33, are you looking to make this your Ironside, Part 2?

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Ironside was all Slick, not Fla33. :popcorn:

Yea, I know who it was. I was making the assumption Fla33 could be the next slick in this thread.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

Yea, I know who it was. I was making the assumption Fla33 could be the next slick in this thread.

Why because I posted a video and threw out the fact that his team isn't like STA teams of the past? My apologies for providing some insight that this kid might not be a terrible recruit as I don't see us picking up a blue chipper anytime soon.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Why because I posted a video and threw out the fact that his team isn't like STA teams of the past? My apologies for providing some insight that this kid might not be a terrible recruit as I don't see us picking up a blue chipper anytime soon.

Thanks for the info, but to say you don't see us picking up a blue chipper is ridiculous. Quinton Flowers was a blue chip recruit.

That being said, look at Matt Breida at Georgia Southern...came right from our own backyard in Brooksville, FL and nobody offered him. Now he's lighting up bigger teams left and right. And he was only a 2* recruit out of high school. Stars mean very little.  I know he's an RB...but I'm just giving an example of a local FL prospect who wasn't recruited much..and is finding success. 

Edited by Hem

Thanks for the info, but to say you don't see us picking up a blue chipper is ridiculous. Quinton Flowers was a blue chip recruit.

That being said, look at Matt Breida at Georgia Southern...came right from our own backyard in Brooksville, FL and nobody offered him. Now he's lighting up bigger teams left and right. And he was only a 2* recruit out of high school. Stars mean very little.  I know he's an RB...but I'm just giving an example of a local FL prospect who wasn't recruited much..and is finding success. 

Yea, and those players are called the exceptions. Good luck building a team full of gambles. Stars do mean something. Give me a team full of high 3 star/4star playes over low 3 star/2 star players every recruting class.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Yea, and those players are called the exceptions. Good luck building a team full of gambles. Stars do mean something. Give me a team full of high 3 star/4star playes over low 3 star/2 star players every recruting class.

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2014/2/5/5382140/recruiting-matters-why-the-sites-get-the-rankings-right

Proven time and time again.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Where in my response did I say we should build a team full of gambles? Why would you even write that if it was never said or asked?

All I said, is that there are examples of lower rated recruits finding success. Recruiting sites don't always get it right. A class full of 5* kids will beat almost always beat a lower ranked class because of the sample size, but on an individual recruit by recruit basis, it can go either way.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Many of the best players in USF history have been lightly recruited or walk-ons (Grothe, Nate Allen, Mistral Raymond, Tyrone Mckenzie, George Selvie, Ben Moffitt, Ian Randolph, etc...). We just need to find the under recruited kids that play tough and with a chip on their shoulders (see Augie Sanchez)

Edited by bullcocky101

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

This guy could probably start, sure.

RizzoTheRat.jpg

He already plays for the 49'ers.