• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kalen Riles WR 2016

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Just committed per Corey bender on twitter.

Rickards HS in Tallahassee.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663

Just committed per Corey bender on twitter.

Rickards HS in Tallahassee.

Has an LSU offer, nice. Good friends with Armunz Mathews...who seems to be our 2016 anchor and recruiter for the class.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Kalen-Riles-165378

http://247sports.com/Player/Kalen-Riles-59676

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Aug 17, 2014 | 05:13 pm

Riles Follows His Close Friend to USF

1272352.jpg?w=50&h=50&faces=true

Corey BenderUSFNation Field Reporter

1350072.jpg

As expected for several weeks, South Florida has picked up a commitment from 2016 Tallahassee (Fla.) Rickards wide receiver, Kalen Riles.

As expected, Kalen Riles, a 6-foot, 175-pound productive wide receiver out of Tallahassee (Fla.) Rickards High School, has verbally committed to Willie Taggart and the South Florida Bulls, who've been outstanding on the recruiting trail as of late.

Now, with still two seasons of prep football left to play before arriving in Tampa Bay, Riles has his mind made up and will have the opportunity to play BCS football with fellow Bulls commit and best friend, Armunz Mathews.

"On the visit, I liked it a lot and I like the fact that they took interest in my education before me playing football for them," Riles said.

"I liked everything about the campus and it was real nice and beautiful. I can see myself for the four years after I graduate high school. It was kind of a big factor with (Armunz Mathews) committed there, but I was thinking about what USF could help me with my future playing football."

Riles, who accounts for scholarship offers from LSU, East Carolina and Akron as well, made it official with the Bulls' head man late Sunday afternoon.

"Coach Taggart, he liked the fact that I wanted to commit right now," Riles said. "He said he's going to help me as long as I help him."

Riles' head coach, Quintin Lewis, spoke to Scout.com's Patrick Burnham in the spring and had this to say about his star pupil, whose success goes much further than the football field.

"He understands football and he also has 3.5 grade point average. He is going to blow the test up and he is going to have everything in place. Kalen is one of the hardest workers I have seen. He has everything you need. I will be surprised if he doesn't succeed in football," finished Coach Lewis.

Riles becomes South Florida's third verbal commitment in the 2016 class, joining Armunz Mathews and Mi'Cario Stanley.

As a sophomore in 2013, the rising junior hauled in 33 receptions for 452 yards and eight touchdowns.

http://southflorida.scout.com/story/1435343-riles-follows-his-close-friend-to-usf?s=359&p=1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

Riles has his mind made up and will have the opportunity to play BCS football with fellow Bulls commit and best friend, Armunz Mathews.

Think maybe Corey's auto correct changed that from FBS ....?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Good stuff! Let's prove he made a good decision by excelling on the field.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Aug 17, 2014 | 05:13 pm

Riles Follows His Close Friend to USF

1272352.jpg?w=50&h=50&faces=true

Corey BenderUSFNation Field Reporter

1350072.jpg

As expected for several weeks, South Florida has picked up a commitment from 2016 Tallahassee (Fla.) Rickards wide receiver, Kalen Riles.

As expected, Kalen Riles, a 6-foot, 175-pound productive wide receiver out of Tallahassee (Fla.) Rickards High School, has verbally committed to Willie Taggart and the South Florida Bulls, who've been outstanding on the recruiting trail as of late.

Now, with still two seasons of prep football left to play before arriving in Tampa Bay, Riles has his mind made up and will have the opportunity to play BCS football with fellow Bulls commit and best friend, Armunz Mathews.

"On the visit, I liked it a lot and I like the fact that they took interest in my education before me playing football for them," Riles said.

"I liked everything about the campus and it was real nice and beautiful. I can see myself for the four years after I graduate high school. It was kind of a big factor with (Armunz Mathews) committed there, but I was thinking about what USF could help me with my future playing football."

Riles, who accounts for scholarship offers from LSU, East Carolina and Akron as well, made it official with the Bulls' head man late Sunday afternoon.

"Coach Taggart, he liked the fact that I wanted to commit right now," Riles said. "He said he's going to help me as long as I help him."

Riles' head coach, Quintin Lewis, spoke to Scout.com's Patrick Burnham in the spring and had this to say about his star pupil, whose success goes much further than the football field.

"He understands football and he also has 3.5 grade point average. He is going to blow the test up and he is going to have everything in place. Kalen is one of the hardest workers I have seen. He has everything you need. I will be surprised if he doesn't succeed in football," finished Coach Lewis.

Riles becomes South Florida's third verbal commitment in the 2016 class, joining Armunz Mathews and Mi'Cario Stanley.

As a sophomore in 2013, the rising junior hauled in 33 receptions for 452 yards and eight touchdowns.

http://southflorida.scout.com/story/1435343-riles-follows-his-close-friend-to-usf?s=359&p=1

Love the sound of this guy and kudos for Matthews doing what leaders do.

As expected.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

3 commits this far in advance is pretty much unprecedented for us, isn't it?

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Gotta like it!

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993

3 commits this far in advance is pretty much unprecedented for us, isn't it?

commitments from juniors had not been common for us. From memory brion Carnes and jarred fayson. May be a couple others. Not 3 in one class though.

Part of that is CWT and part is the change in recruiting to ever earlier commitments.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Loooooooong way to go.