• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

LeBron is LeGone

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

He's not on the NBA top 50 list for his time in Houston.

Edited by JTrue

Dominique.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

I don't normally defend these guys, but he's earned his right to be choosy. IMO, this is the current business, and teams don't think twice about trading & moving players around, so why is it so wrong if a player wants to take the reigns?

He's a coach's dream-player: works hard & makes sacrifices for the team's benefit, and has a remarkable amount of humility for a superstar. If he went to work for the Magic, I'd be stoked, but that's in the "as if" category. My bet is he stays put.

Problem is he wants to be known as the best ever.  He acts humble but he is far from it.  He wouldnt take advice from Kobe or Jordan when he came in, he said he sets his own path.  The reason they do not have relationships with him. 

I agree with "his current business" point.  problem is in the NBA all the superstars/legends stayed place and people came to them, not vice versa.

Again kobe rode out really bad years in LA to win them again where he was brought up.  He will be a respected legend forever.  Lebron will be known for going to a partnership of players who took less money to try to game the system and win rings.  crap is corny.

To your first point, Kobe played in LA, Jordan in Chicago, both great cities where stars would love to play. LeBron was stuck in freakin Cleveland with a horrible owner. No other stars were going to play in that dump. To your second point, LeBron stayed in Cleveland for 7 years and took the worst team in the league to an NBA finals with no other stars on the team (that was amazing). When he left, they became one of the worst teams again. He knew he wouldn't be able to attract any other great players because of the city and organization, so he left. Comparing LA and Chicago to Cleveland isn't fair.

Good points, but you won't make me like him nor call him top player of all time. At least not yet.

Personally I don't like how he cries for fouls and his attitude as if it's not his fault when they lose.

Just like most of America I liked him until that bs decision and going to Miami move.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Clyde Drexler in Portland.

Bron has more rings than Clyde and 'Nique combined. And we're full circle again. NBA greats are measured in championships. What's wrong with Lebron going out and getting his?

Clyde went to Houston for the same reason.

You said name a legend who had nobody around him.

And Clyde got traded to a barely above .500, 6 seed team because he WAS a legend who played his entire career with no one in Portland and they did him a solid since it was his hometown and he was about 85 at the time.

Edited by JTrue

But he still requested the trade to go play with his friend in Houston.

Nah uh.

Yes huh.

He also put up solid numbers in Houston, so it's not like he was some stiff riding the bench while Olajuwan stomped Shaq and Penny for the title dolo.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

He's not on the NBA top 50 list for his time in Houston.

Doesn't matter. The question is what legendary player ... He didn't stop being a legendary player when he got to Houston, he just fit a bit more inside the shadow of Olajuwon.

Just like most of America I liked him until that bs decision and going to Miami move.

If this is the worst thing Lebron does, then he can sleep pretty well at night when it comes to super star athletes and their transgressions.