• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brett Kean QB 2015 OH 6'2"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

@Corey_Bender: #USF's latest QB offeree, Brett Kean, previously played at University School In Fort Lauderdale & was teammates with Bulls' QB, @MW_XIV.

@MW_XIV: RT “@bkeanqb4: Just got offered University of South Florida!!! #Bulls #USF†my boy!! #UschoolFam

Ah, that explains it. Thanks.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Don't want to be pessamistic, but I hope we aren't offering out of state QB's because we already lost out on our local stars. There are some BIG Qb recruits in Tampa this year with Deon Cain, Brad Mayes, Dwayne Lawson, etc

Welp, there goes Dwayne Lawson: Hillsborough HS's 4* QB to Miami...committed yesterday.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Don't want to be pessamistic, but I hope we aren't offering out of state QB's because we already lost out on our local stars. There are some BIG Qb recruits in Tampa this year with Deon Cain, Brad Mayes, Dwayne Lawson, etc

Welp, there goes Dwayne Lawson: Hillsborough HS's 4* QB to Miami...committed yesterday.

Deon Cain isn't coming here anyways and Lawson was never really interested it seems. We aren't going after Brad Mayes either as of right now, so cross him off the list. There's some other good prospects instate that aren't as elite as Lawson or Cain that we have a more realistic chance at.

Just trying to see where you're coming from CPR. Would you have gone after Jimmy Bayes? Ryeshene bronson? D'Ernest Johnson? Quinton Flowers?

From your previous post, it seems you'd have other more "realistic" not as elite prospects.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Just trying to see where you're coming from CPR. Would you have gone after Jimmy Bayes? Ryeshene bronson? D'Ernest Johnson? Quinton Flowers?

From your previous post, it seems you'd have other more "realistic" not as elite prospects.

My point was, those 2 QB's were never interested in us and Flowers (since he's the only QB comparable), is no where near these two.

So we should be going after "elite" players at other positions, but not QB? Wasn't aware that they said they had no interest in USF, where'd you see that?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

Per this,  http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/hillsboroughs-dwayne-lawson-commits-miami-hurrican/20453/  , he's said he should be considered a "soft" commit but we're still not mentioned in his future visits ...

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  178
  • Days Won:  0

As soon as these kids get the "Big" offers they get all excited.  Then they go to the school and sit on the bench with all the other 4-5 star athletes and do not play.  I guess the name of the school is what matters not the chance of playing time.  Drew Weatherford was the same way.  Always wanted to go to FSU so when they offered it was a lock.  What he did not consider was the system or the fact that they had no Oline to protect a pocket QB. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

As soon as these kids get the "Big" offers they get all excited.  Then they go to the school and sit on the bench with all the other 4-5 star athletes and do not play.  I guess the name of the school is what matters not the chance of playing time.  Drew Weatherford was the same way.  Always wanted to go to FSU so when they offered it was a lock.  What he did not consider was the system or the fact that they had no Oline to protect a pocket QB. 

You changed your argument halfway through your post.  In Weatherford's case, he ended up making the right decision for playing time - he was a pretty longtime starter at FSU, which is great for him, he achieved what he wanted. 

The system and O-line talent/skill is a whole 'nother argument. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

You changed your argument halfway through your post.  In Weatherford's case, he ended up making the right decision for playing time - he was a pretty longtime starter at FSU, which is great for him, he achieved what he wanted. 

The system and O-line talent/skill is a whole 'nother argument. 

what ever happened to his little brother, who almost came to USF?

Hoping Kean gives us a hard look.  I'm all for keeping QB talent home, but for this position, it really needs to be the best QB we can land.