• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

#1 JC Rebounder Keith Thomas

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Adam Zagoria â€@AdamZagoria 

JUCO F Keith Thomas will visit Miami May 1-2, his coach tells @SNYtv. At St. John's now.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Adam Zagoria â€@AdamZagoria 

JUCO F Keith Thomas will visit Miami May 1-2, his coach tells @SNYtv. At St. John's now.

Hope the Heat aren't playing then...that's a good pitch for Thug U.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

With all the suitors, looks like the felony assault charges back in high school must not have turned out to be a big deal ...

Jon Rothstein â€@JonRothstein 

Big recruiting stretch for South Florida. WCC big man Keith Thomas visits tonight and Marshall transfer Kareem Canty hits Tampa 5/2-5/4.

Jon Rothstein â€@JonRothstein 

Big recruiting stretch for South Florida. WCC big man Keith Thomas visits tonight and Marshall transfer Kareem Canty hits Tampa 5/2-5/4.

Certainly no doubt of playing time for him here now ... 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Keith Thomas Enjoys St. John’s Visit, Others Coming; McLean Visiting Oklahoma April 22nd, 2014 6:30 pm

keith-thomas1.png?w=168&h=300Keith Thomas of Westchester Community College enjoyed his visit to St. John’s and now has several more coming up, but the Johnnies appear to be positioned well for the 6-foot-8 forward.

Thomas will visit South Florida Wednesday-Thursday and then head to Miami May 1-2. He will have one official remaining after that and may trip to Arizona. He has also been to Loyola Chicago.

“He enjoyed it, he thinks [head coach Steve] Lavin was a genius on a lot of stuff,†WCC coach Tyrone Mushatt told SNY.tv.

Lavin surely pitched the appeal of playing in New York and at Madison Square Garden, which struck a chord.

“That’s heavy for a young man,†Mushatt said. “My whole thing was, St. John’s is St. John’s, it always will be.â€

Mushatt said New York is “not a college town,†but that it stands in stark comparison to his other options.

The staff at South Florida “just got down there so that’s a totally different situation,†he said of head coach Orlando Antigua.

“He went to Chicago, they’re trying to get to s certain status. St. John’s is almost the standout, due to circumstances. Miami has gotten involved.  If he visits Arizona, that will be something he’s never seen before. They’re trying to square [a visit] away.â€

Mushatt said it’s unclear when Thomas might visit Arizona at this point.

“He has one more [visit], the whole thing is, when can he do it?†Mushatt asked.

Wherever he lands, Mushatt believes Thomas — who averaged 15.3 points and 15.7 rebounds – can play in the Big East, Pac-12 or the ACC.

“He sticks to what he does well,†he said. “He’s not a kid tries to do stuff he can’t do. That’s what makes him so good. Rebounding is just a natural thing for him. He can score as well too, but he’s OK passing the ball. His thing is, as long as we’re winning, I’m OK, I’m going to do my part.â€

http://zagsblog.com/articles/keith-thomas-enjoys-st-johns-visit-others-coming-mclean-visiting-oklahoma/

Keith Thomas Enjoys St. John’s Visit, Others Coming; McLean Visiting Oklahoma April 22nd, 2014 6:30 pm

keith-thomas1.png?w=168&h=300Keith Thomas of Westchester Community College enjoyed his visit to St. John’s and now has several more coming up, but the Johnnies appear to be positioned well for the 6-foot-8 forward.

Thomas will visit South Florida Wednesday-Thursday and then head to Miami May 1-2. He will have one official remaining after that and may trip to Arizona. He has also been to Loyola Chicago.

“He enjoyed it, he thinks [head coach Steve] Lavin was a genius on a lot of stuff,†WCC coach Tyrone Mushatt told SNY.tv.

Lavin surely pitched the appeal of playing in New York and at Madison Square Garden, which struck a chord.

“That’s heavy for a young man,†Mushatt said. “My whole thing was, St. John’s is St. John’s, it always will be.â€

Mushatt said New York is “not a college town,†but that it stands in stark comparison to his other options.

The staff at South Florida “just got down there so that’s a totally different situation,†he said of head coach Orlando Antigua.

“He went to Chicago, they’re trying to get to s certain status. St. John’s is almost the standout, due to circumstances. Miami has gotten involved.  If he visits Arizona, that will be something he’s never seen before. They’re trying to square [a visit] away.â€

Wherever he lands, Mushatt believes Thomas — who averaged 15.3 points and 15.7 rebounds – can play in the Big East, Pac-12 or the ACC.

“He sticks to what he does well,†he said. “He’s not a kid tries to do stuff he can’t do. That’s what makes him so good. Rebounding is just a natural thing for him. He can score as well too, but he’s OK passing the ball. His thing is, as long as we’re winning, I’m OK, I’m going to do my part.â€

http://zagsblog.com/articles/keith-thomas-enjoys-st-johns-visit-others-coming-mclean-visiting-oklahoma/

Doesn't sound good ...

Doesn't sound good ...

The thing that's most important to a JC player is PT and USF has a lot of that like you said earlier. Don't lose hope with Thomas yet as he has two days to spend at USF and I'm sure he will enjoy it. If the lure of NY is what he wants then he's St John's bound, but everything else is better for him at USF.

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

I hope we land him. But not getting my hopes up. Good test for Antigua here, but let's not pretend it will be easy to beat some of these schools, even if it would be awesome.