• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Media/NonMedia Discussion

CousinRicky

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,609
  • Days Won:  108

Record it every time but haven't watched it yet.  Will look for it when I do.  And from reading many of the posts over the years on this site, I'm guessing there are not a lot of Jon Stewart fans on here.  More the Bill O'Reilly types.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,403
  • Days Won:  19

Record it every time but haven't watched it yet.  Will look for it when I do.  And from reading many of the posts over the years on this site, I'm guessing there are not a lot of Jon Stewart fans on here.  More the Bill O'Reilly types.

Shame that USF fans would be Bill O'Reilly fans

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

:roflmao:

Shame that some folks don't understand both of them are entertainers, not journalists.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,678
  • Days Won:  14

Never understood people who rely upon comedians for their political thoughts. Stewart and Colbert are funny, but if you think they are deep thinkers because they're witty and cute, well... You're probably still in college. Incidentally, "infotainers" like O'Reilly and Hannity are only a smidgen better.

Pick up the Wall Street Journal or New York Times. Read a columnist. There's actually some political analysis going on there.

EDIT: Don't mean to suggest you can't or shouldn't enjoy all of these folks. I do. But I cringe when I see polls that say young people get their news from comedians...

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  1,744
  • Content Count:  17,369
  • Days Won:  13

Never understood people who rely upon comedians for their political thoughts. Stewart and Colbert are funny, but if you think they are deep thinkers because they're witty and cute, well... You're probably still in college. Incidentally, "infotainers" like O'Reilly and Hannity are only a smidgen better.

Pick up the Wall Street Journal or New York Times. Read a columnist. There's actually some political analysis going on there.

EDIT: Don't mean to suggest you can't or shouldn't enjoy all of these folks. I do. But I cringe when I see polls that say young people get their news from comedians...

The New York Times is the most slanted news outlet there is.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,403
  • Days Won:  19

:roflmao:

Shame that some folks don't understand both of them are entertainers, not journalists.

You would think folks would know that... 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

They're worse. At least Stewart and Colbert know they're infotainers, embrace it and do target both sides at times ...

Aren't columnists basically the same as the Hannitys, Maddows, etc, just using a different media?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Ironically enough the best source for (as close to) non-biased reporting on US issues comes from abroad. I'm a huge fan of The Economist and BBC. To keep things on topic, someone had to have photoshopped that picture, I don't recall us ever having played K-State in football.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

The New York Times is the most slanted news outlet there is.

i agree, but on the flip side there is WSJ

• Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,609
  • Days Won:  108

I wasn't implying that anyone should get their news from either side.  It is just that I don't know many conservatives that watch Jon Stewart for their laughs or liberals that watch O'Reilly.  I find both entertaining but don't record O'Reilly's show and only catch it occasionally.  But I have read a couple of his books and enjoyed them.