• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just Noticed Macklemore is playing sundome same night as our game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

The concert isn't free for students. Some will go, but not too many. Look on Stubhub. Not cheap.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,455
  • Days Won:  19

Here is the sad fact, we have a lot of students and if 15% of them showed up for football the student section would rock. I guarantee you no more than 4% of our student population will be at that concert. We should have enough students to go around. The problem is, right now our students don't see going to our football games with free* tickets as worth their time.

* yes I know they pay fees, but come game day, getting the ticket doesn't cost any more than not getting the ticket.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Here is the sad fact, we have a lot of students and if 15% of them showed up for football the student section would rock. I guarantee you no more than 4% of our student population will be at that concert. We should have enough students to go around. The problem is, right now our students don't see going to our football games with free* tickets as worth their time.

* yes I know they pay fees, but come game day, getting the ticket doesn't cost any more than not getting the ticket.

Agree,  And if they ride the bus from Campus (I believe they still offer this service) they don't have to pay for parking.   Problem is our fan base, Students in particular cant seem to be bothered.    Sad.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Students will come when we win. The current classes in there right now haven't seen great football in years. To some of them, USF has sucked since they arrived at college.

The oldest students remember 2010...maybe 2009 if you've hung out an extra semester or two.

Win football games and the stadium will fill up, plain and simple.

Edited by Hem

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

Agree,  And if they ride the bus from Campus (I believe they still offer this service) they don't have to pay for parking.   Problem is our fan base, Students in particular cant seem to be bothered.    Sad.

It is sad .... Thing is you've got maybe 24-28 times in your lifetime to attend a college football game as a student and I'm sure what's digging at a lot of the older alumni here is they would have killed to have that opportunity ... but the vast majority can't be bothered enough to set aside 6 hours or so to participate. 

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Students will come when we win. The current classes in there right now haven't seen great football in years. To some of them, USF has sucked since they arrived at college.

The oldest students remember 2010...maybe 2009 if you've hung out an extra semester or two.

Win football games and the stadium will fill up, plain and simple.

I graduated this past spring so I saw some solid USF football and upsets in my day. I would be telling the younger kids on campus "We used to be good! The stadium used to be pretty full! I promise!" Im 22 and already afraid that USF football has peaked in my lifetime. Sad.

Edited by SattyBull

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah, I just found about that now.

Mackelmore is not going to be the reason students don't show up.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah, I just found about that now.

Mackelmore is not going to be the reason students don't show up.

I wasn't suggesting that that would be the sole reason all the fans not showing are not showing. I was suggesting that this would have a sizable impact on the remaining few deciding between the two. If I didn't have season tickets, I would go to the concert with my friends. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  183

Unfortunately I will be one of those students missing the football game for the concert.  The tickets were bought for my girlfriend's birthday before the football schedule came out... Excited to go but having not missed a game this year, and this being the last home game... I'm definitely regretting when the concert was planned, so two more student seats open...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  65

I'll be there! Looking forward to it! I will prob hit up SoHo after, and recommendations?