• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

We need a Mobile QB...Flowers must stay!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

I did'nt even want to post on here yesterday because words could not describe how going to the game yesterday felt.  It was as bad as the McNeese game and the reason why is that we had plenty of chances to score points and win but a mix of terrible play calling and terrible play doomed us.  The 1st pass of the game that went right though the receivers (forgot who it was) set the tone and once Kloss missed the kick, I knew we were in for a long night.   So after stewing for a night, I don't want to fire Coach T or anything like that but he NEEDS to make sure that Flowers stays committed.   Memphis's QB yesterday picked up 8.5 yards per run on 6 carries and every single one was beyond demoralizing.  I think White has potential but in todays CFB if you don't have a mobile QB, you better have a great team arround him or you just won't win.   I still like Taggarts system but you need either a dominating offensive line or fast elusive guys at the QB and RB position.   I am not annoiting Flowers the next great thing, but White is going to have a tough time being a pocket passer when only one guy (Davis) is helping him, and even he is not a true #1 receiver.   I know some of you may not call me a "true" fan but I am skiping the last game.  It's a waste of $ and time, all of which I would much rather save to go to watch a basketball team that atleast has talent.

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

coach t needs 2 years to see if he can recruit football players

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I look forward to the "flowers is an athlete playing qb" threads after every interception.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

I look forward to the "flowers is an athlete playing qb" threads after every interception.

Well I would rather have a guy that can run for a 100+ at QB throwing picks then a guy who throws 4 picks and has -3 rushing yards.  Running QB's open the field up too and can extend plays.  Its what Grothe and BJ did, and there's no reason why it can't be that way again.

Well I would rather have a guy that can run for a 100+ at QB throwing picks then a guy who throws 4 picks and has -3 rushing yards. Running QB's open the field up too and can extend plays. Its what Grothe and BJ did, and there's no reason why it can't be that way again.
It wasn't a shot at ypu. Just a comment that when we had grothe and especially BJ that people complained forever that he was not a qb but an athlete playing qb.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Well I would rather have a guy that can run for a 100+ at QB throwing picks then a guy who throws 4 picks and has -3 rushing yards. Running QB's open the field up too and can extend plays. Its what Grothe and BJ did, and there's no reason why it can't be that way again.

With a team like USF we need at least one player that can carry the team on his back thrn, hopefully, the supporting cast can be good enough to win some games too.

We have had that here since at least the last 9 years. First it was Hall. Then Grothe then BJ.

White can be a good QB, but he will need playmakers around him. A mobile, dynamic QB can be an offense unto himself if needed.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

Tough for a mobile QB to do well in the prostyle offense Willie runs.  Wishful thinking but if the right system isn't in place then you are setting him for failure.  Most would argue today that the the offense is built around speed and spread offense because of Holtz and that's why USF is terrible. I think we would take a step back with a running QB based on Willie's system.   

Hogan runs well in the stanford offense. However it's mostly designed.

Also, holtz was not running a spread offense. He was running a multi set offense with some spread principles. Translation? Throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it worked.

Edited by SANJAY

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Hogan runs well in the stanford offense. However it's mostly designed.

Also, holtz was not running a spread offense. He was running a multi set offense with some spread principles. Translation? Throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it worked.

Don't forget his offense was also trying to "tempo" them.  Of course, all this depends on the humidity.

Edited by El_Toro_86

In fairness I wish cwt would up the tempo. Just a bit. Don't want to get too crazy with that.