• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Elijah Ironside QB Hillgrove High School, Powder Springs GA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Metro Atlanta has been a source of USF football players. CWT seems to be just concentrating his recruiting in central Fl. I don't want to lose those athletes do you? And this QB is on a top ranked team in the state, with better stats than 5 other QBs of top 10 ranked teams in the area. I don't think CWT reads my local newspaper so I just tweeted that this QB is flying under the radar with a link. He's answered my tweets before.  You guys must know that Kaepernick wouldn't have gone to Nevada (or anywhere else) if his brother didn't mail a disc of his highlights to every FBS school, right?

Some of your responses remind me of when BJ started and beat FSU and when Levitt came over one of the FSU coaches asked if they had met before and Leavitt said yes, when he was scouting BJ. You don't want this kid showing up on another AAC team, beating USF year in and year out.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

While I disagree with Slick a lot of the time, I don't see the harm here. The coaches certainly don't know about ever player in America. Even if it gets a kid on his radar and nothing comes of it so what? Maybe they'll look into this kid and something will spark his interest. Obviously CWT isn't looking to fans for his complete 25 man recruiting roster but stranger things have happened.

• Upvote 1

Some of his targets fight for YAC too. Nice.

I got that height and weight off of a roster that was handed out... I'm going to go watch him play next week! The Play Campbell High on the 27th

That's cool! The McEachern @ Marietta game is on GPB right now. They have GA high school games on every Friday. Channel 2 and 5 have updates around 11:30, 30 minute prep shows.  There is also an app to watch games. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gpb-sports-football/id455158040?mt=8

I wish they were playing at McEachern, that is a state of the art field. Marietta's was a WPA project that is being replaced in a few years. The QB for McEachern is the one to watch in this game, the color commentator said he is one of the favorite players in the state he likes to watch. He also said this game he was concentrating on the line, talking about them. Marietta is like USF, the coach wants to run a pro style however he knows he doesn't have the players so he runs a spread.

Marietta looks like USF, shooting themselves in the foot. At one point the QB turned to the right to hand off the ball and no one was there, lol. Marietta is the only Cobb school to win the state championship and that was in the 60s, but they do have like 17 regional titles. The McEachern coach said he is ready to move their program into the national spotlight. McEachern is ranked #2 and play Hillgrove at the end of the season. That game will probably be on TV and might have the state championship at stake.

Edited by slick1ru2

Not that part of GA. They said that Drake on Hillgrove was an Alabama commit. And one of the McEachern players was being considered by USF, this is in 2011.

Edited by slick1ru2

He passed for 7 TDs tonight.

Elijah Ironside turned Friday’s homecoming into a night the Hillgrove community may never forget.

The Hawks’ senior quarterback threw for a school-record seven touchdowns and completed 24 of 36 passes for 395 yards to lead sixth-ranked Hillgrove to a 63-28 win over Campbell at Cobb Energy/Hillgrove Stadium Friday.

Ironside had touchdown passes to four different receivers, including Omar Black, who had four TDs among his six catches for 115 yards. Justin Denton caught five passes for 97 yards and a score, while Richard Hallman hauled in four receptions for 81 yards and a touchdown. Marcus Bowens also connected with Ironside for a score.

Ironside’s seven touchdown passes was one off the county record set by Lassiter’s Hutson Mason in 2009. The state record of nine was established in 1962.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

He passed for 7 TDs tonight.

Elijah Ironside turned Friday’s homecoming into a night the Hillgrove community may never forget.

The Hawks’ senior quarterback threw for a school-record seven touchdowns and completed 24 of 36 passes for 395 yards to lead sixth-ranked Hillgrove to a 63-28 win over Campbell at Cobb Energy/Hillgrove Stadium Friday.

Ironside had touchdown passes to four different receivers, including Omar Black, who had four TDs among his six catches for 115 yards. Justin Denton caught five passes for 97 yards and a score, while Richard Hallman hauled in four receptions for 81 yards and a touchdown. Marcus Bowens also connected with Ironside for a score.

Ironside’s seven touchdown passes was one off the county record set by Lassiter’s Hutson Mason in 2009. The state record of nine was established in 1962.

Not bad!

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

While I disagree with Slick a lot of the time, I don't see the harm here. The coaches certainly don't know about ever player in America. Even if it gets a kid on his radar and nothing comes of it so what? Maybe they'll look into this kid and something will spark his interest. Obviously CWT isn't looking to fans for his complete 25 man recruiting roster but stranger things have happened.

Even a blind squirrel finds a chicken at the Colonel's........or something like that.

Edited by Bullwinkle

His high school is ranked 8th in AAAAAA in the state in the latest composite poll. http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-high-school-sports/2013/10/02/composite-state-rankings-through-week-6-2/