• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Dyer- RB from Auburn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Now that we're getting into the season, its becoming painfully obvious why guys like Dyer, Trickett, and Mitchell didn't transfer in and guys like Griffin and D'Vo jumped ship.

Call me dense, but why is it painfully obvious? Did they all predict we would be this bad? Did they not like the offensive scheme being instituted by Taggart? What do you speculate as being "painfully obvious" before the season started?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Now that we're getting into the season, its becoming painfully obvious why guys like Dyer, Trickett, and Mitchell didn't transfer in and guys like Griffin and D'Vo jumped ship.

Call me dense, but why is it painfully obvious? Did they all predict we would be this bad? Did they not like the offensive scheme being instituted by Taggart? What do you speculate as being "painfully obvious" before the season started?

It's painfully obvious because it fits his opinion of the situation

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Well, considering 2 of our top 3 receivers decided sitting out a year (with the prize being Iowa State afterwards) or playing at LA Tech was better than this situation, I'd say thats a strong indicator. Dyer had the option of being the workhorse for a coach that runs a system designed for a back just like him and chose to be the #2 at Louisville. Clint Trickett could have walked into the greatest QB situation in the country for playing time and picked being the #3 elsewhere. Mitchell, who knows? Its seems we didn't even bother trying to get him. 

Whats your take on it?

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Trickett gew up in WV and wanted to go back

Dyer wanted to stay near his baby mama and kid in Arkansas

TRex was trying to get away from legal trouble that plagued him here.

Griffin could tranfer with no penalty,, left to play with a Coach who he knew would make him no. 1 in his scheme

D'Vo I don't know the details on but he had never really risn up depth Chart here.

It ain't "painfully obvious" that anybody predicted this cave in. You certainly didn't.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Well, considering 2 of our top 3 receivers decided sitting out a year (with the prize being Iowa State afterwards) or playing at LA Tech was better than this situation, I'd say thats a strong indicator. Dyer had the option of being the workhorse for a coach that runs a system designed for a back just like him and chose to be the #2 at Louisville. Clint Trickett could have walked into the greatest QB situation in the country for playing time and picked being the #3 elsewhere. Mitchell, who knows? Its seems we didn't even bother trying to get him. 

Whats your take on it?

My opinion is we don't know unless they come out a say anything.  I'm generally not one to speculate.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Whats your take on it?

I firmly believe Trickett thought he'd start at WVU, and he preferred that over starting at USF.  He saw the other 2 QBs, and likely loved his chances.  He got a whiff in Game 1, and now seems seated at #3.  It's a LONG season, and WVU will likely get pummelled and finish near .500, so he'll surely get more ops to play, and could still win the starting job.  But if this freshman QB plays well, he may be quiet the his final 2 years.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I heard Trickett chose WVU because he knew he wasn't going to the NFL, wanted to go back home and ultimately end up coaching there if given the opportunity. Looking more towards his future in the B12, compared to starting for a 4-8 team in the AAC.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Whats your take on it?

My opinion is we don't know unless they come out a say anything.  I'm generally not one to speculate.

Isn't 99% of this board speculation? 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Whats your take on it?

USF's WR's didn't transfer until after either Trickett, Dyer, or even Mitchell selected their respective schools. I don't think anyone could have predicted that being on or watching USF would have been this painful at this point in the season. Trickett transferred to WVU because he's from the area, I think. Dyer wanted to contend for something before bolting to the NFL. Montgomery and Griffin maybe didn't jive with Taggart. It's all speculation, but I doubt any of these transfers could have anticipated what's going on at USF right now to the point that it was "painfully obvious." That's what I think.