• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Dyer- RB from Auburn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Sounds pretty good in this interview. I am a big fan of giving teens/young 20's a second chance. Some of em need that wake up call. Looks like CBS is on top of this, so glad old "Bowel Movement" isn't there anymore to poison the well.

Michael Dyer says he wants to return for 2013 season
By Jerry Hinnen | College Football Writer
July 1, 2013 5:41 pm ET

michael-dyer-hopes-return.jpgMichael Dyer is hoping to land a roster spot somewhere in time for the 2013 season. (USATSI)

One of college football's most notable recent flameouts hopes to make a return to the field as soon as this fall.

2011 BCS Championship Game MVP Michael Dyer told ESPN Monday that he had put the issues that led to his dismissal from both Auburn and Arkansas State behind him and remains hopeful of landing a roster spot for the 2013 season.

"I want a chance to show people my character is better than it was in the past," Dyer said. "I want to clear my name. I understand the reasons I am in this situation. I placed myself here. I take responsibility."

Dyer's uncle told ESPN that Western Kentucky, Troy and FCS Illinois State have all been in contact with the former five-star prospect, who rushed for 2,335 yards during his two seasons at Auburn and broke the school's freshman rushing record held by Bo Jackson.

TCU and Louisville had been in touch while he attended classes at Arkansas Baptist this past year, Dyer said, but both declined to offer him a roster spot. Dyer left Auburn before the 2011 Chick-fil-A Bowl following his suspension for failed marijuana tests, then was dismissed from Arkansas State after being stopped for speeding with both a gun and marijuana inside the car. Dyer has also admitted to owning the gun used in the infamous 2012 armed robbery involving four of Dyer's Auburn teammates.

"I understand their reasoning of not taking me," Dyer said of the Frogs and Cardinals. "It's been very, very hard. But I'm not the same person I was."

Whether he is or not will have to be proven over more than just one year away from the game. But it won't be surprising if that is long enough for one school to take a chance that he is the same tailback he was

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/22599612/michael-dyer-says-he-wants-to-return-for-2013-season-

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

In a heart beat

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

Suit him up. I'd rather have players with baggage than an L to U. of Disney.

Winning is what matters at the end of the day. The fact that Auburn & Florida won national championships vastly outweighs how shady their programs were/are. Chip Kelley is banned from coaching for a while, but does anyone care about anything but the powerhouse he made Oregon?

Sign him up with his word that he has matured. If he transfers here, I think conference champs is possible this year if the defensive secondary steps up.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

Speaking of transfers, is the Antonio Andrews rumor officially dead?

Yes

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

He got kicked out of two schools. I know he's talented but im surprised people want him with all the baggage.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Seems like Taggart runs a tight ship. I'm sure he knows and will be on a pretty short string.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

For the opportunity to be the THIRD school he's been kicked out of

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Hell yeah!  I'll take it.  I hope he can keep his **** together, but we desperately need the help at RB

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

He should sell his gun and stop the drugs.

96 in a 70? Believe me I know good people who have topped 120 so I won't hold that one against him. I know good people that have quit pot. I know good people that even have had a fire arm stolen from them in a burglary and later suspected as the weapon in the murder of a police officer.

He wasn't convicted of anything. Considering his potential, we should bring him in. Taggart looks to be running a tight ship so of he does end up in trouble he'll be gone.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Id take him but on an extremely short leash. We would have 2 potential first rounders that are 1 and dones in him and Lynch(I know he was in the program last year but he'll be 1 and done after 1 year on the field