• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bruno Reagan, DT/OL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

ttt

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130906/SPORTS07/309060018/High-school-player-week-Bruno-Reagan-Clarksville

BRUNO REAGAN

Schoolicon1.png: Clarksville

Position: OT/DE

Year: Senior

Ht., Wt.: 6-3, 291

Recruiting outlook: Committed to South Florida, with offers from MTSU, TSU, UConn, Georgia St., WKU

Stats: Graded out at 88 percent in 2012, with 48 “pancake†blocks and zero sacks allowed. Clarksville is 0-2 this season.

TWO-SPORT STANDOUT

Reagan pinned his way through the Division I wrestling tournament as a junior, concluding an undefeated season with a 285-pound championship after placing fourth in that weight class as a sophomore. “I’d say that’s my biggest athletic accomplishment,†said Reagan, who was a Tennessean first-team All-Midstate selection last season. “I worked so hard for it. I’d stay up till 4 or 5 in the morning watching YouTube videos to learn howicon1.png to do this or that. I love wrestling. I hate that I’m going to have to quit (after high school). But I’m definitely going to wrestle this year.â€

SMOOTH TRANSITION

For having only played football three years, Reagan has managed to make quite an impact — as witnessed by his scholarship offers. “All I’d done was wrestle,†he said. “I was into that and the judo/grappling thing. I knew I had a chance to be a really good wrestler. I wanted to play football, but I decided to focus on wrestling my freshman year. After missing my freshman year, I decided I wanted to play, so I did. Wrestling teachesicon1.png you a lot that football can’t teach you. It taught me everything I need to know as a lineman: balance, leverage, being mean and nasty. It’s the whole one-on-one scenario.â€

ROLE MODELS

Longtime Clarksville wrestling assistant Artie Manning was encouraging of Reagan’s secondary pursuits, making him aware of Brentwood Academy two-time state champions Bubba Miller and Scott Wells, who went on to become standout offensive linemen at Tennessee and in the NFL. “I became a Scott Wells fan as soon as I heard of him,†Reagan said. “It’s cool being compared to someone like that. I looked up games of him playing just to watch him. The first two names I heard when I began getting football recruiting interest were Scott Wells and Bubba Miller. It wasn’t a mistake that they were wrestlers.â€

OUTSIDE IN

A tackle for Clarksville, Reagan will move to an interior position at South Florida to best utilize his quickness. It’s a move he anticipates eagerly. “I played inside my junior year,†he said. “It’s my favorite place to be. Right now, I’m doing what I need to do for my team. In collegeicon1.png, the inside guys are the smaller, quicker guys for pulling and getting to the second level (of the defense). The outside guys are bigger and have longer wingspans to stop (defensive) guys in one-on-one situations. I can see myself playing center or guard my freshman year, then transitioning to guard as quickly as possible.â€

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

The way our line's been playing, he should start as a true freshman...

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Come conference play, I think our offensive line will settle on in nicely.

• Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Great vid! Kid is a beast...can't wait to get him on campus

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Kept losing him in video....then I would see a defender go flying or be pancake blocked...that's when I found him in the video

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

Imagine our fans chanting that at a white out game...yikes

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

That would not go over well and rightfully so.

Go White may be a better chant.

• Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Lol and I thought "The Great White Hope" was bad...goodness