• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

load up on heat game 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

heat will win series

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,744
  • Content Count:  17,374
  • Days Won:  13

Heat will win by atleast 10 tonight

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

load up on spurs game 2

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Days Won:  0

What bothers me about game one is the Heat led in nearly every single major statistical category...field goal %, three-point shooting %, rebounds (very rare) and assists (rare). Plus it was at home and LeBron had a triple-double. Yet they still lost. On the other side, the Spurs did have more blocks, steals, less turnovers and a higher free throw shooting % which obviously made up for it.

The Heat's keys to the game: 

-Must find a way to get it inside better for higher percentage shots. Bosh shooting from the outside doesn't stretch out the defense unless he's hitting the shots, which he hasn't been doing. They shot well from the outside for game one, but their inside percentage was anemic.

-Bosh has to step it up on shooting, defense and on the boards!

-Wade needs to take whatever he took for game 7 of the Pacers series and game 1 of this series. Keep it up.

-The Spurs only had four turnovers. That's amazing. The Heat must force more and get out in transition where they're at their best.

-If Wade and Bosh are struggling, LeBron's going to have to go more Jordan and less Magic in game 2.

-Like the interior offense, the Heat's interior defense must improve. They can't let the old man have 20 and 12 again.

-The Heat shot 70% from the line. That's pathetic. Just one more of those could've given Miami the opportunity to tie the game at the end of game one with a three.

-Don't let Battier play again. It's a shame, but for some reason, he's been off on his shooting and he's getting owned inside.

The Heat were obviously pretty tired after a tough Pacers series. I do think they'll slowly wear down the Spurs throughout this series, but they've undoubtedly got to win this game tonight. Going down 0-2 and heading to San Antonio for three games would be extremely difficult to overcome. I'm confident they'll win tonight and take two in San Antonio. We shall see. Go Heat!

****, I should've gone to game two instead of game one....it would've been a helluva lot more fun. Oh well.

Nonetheless, big win. Hopefully they keep it going into San Antonio.

Edited by tamiamibull05

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

As long as Miami gets in the paint with their wings and/or their guards, and it doesn't matter who it is: Lebron, Wade, Chalmers or even Norris Cole, they will be fine. They don't even have to shoot 50% from the perimeter for that strategy to work. That's something Indiana took away and is why they made that series difficult for Miami. Seems like at times they just get tired and settle for one on one basketball with 4 guys standing on the perimeter watching, or just settle for mid-range jump shots. Granted that's what SA's D gives them, and props to Leonard for basically taking away Lebron's scoring, but the interior D for SA is suspect.  It's frustrating to watch them jack up jumpers from 15' when you know that it probably wont work 70% of the time. I don't know how many times I was shaking my head watching that first quarter with all the jump shooting that was going on.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Oh, and Mario Chalmers is a baller. It's sad, but he's the closest thing the Heat have to "clutch" if you believe in that sort of thing.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

As long as Miami gets in the paint with their wings and/or their guards, and it doesn't matter who it is: Lebron, Wade, Chalmers or even Norris Cole, they will be fine. They don't even have to shoot 50% from the perimeter for that strategy to work. That's something Indiana took away and is why they made that series difficult for Miami. Seems like at times they just get tired and settle for one on one basketball with 4 guys standing on the perimeter watching, or just settle for mid-range jump shots. Granted that's what SA's D gives them, and props to Leonard for basically taking away Lebron's scoring, but the interior D for SA is suspect.  It's frustrating to watch them jack up jumpers from 15' when you know that it probably wont work 70% of the time. I don't know how many times I was shaking my head watching that first quarter with all the jump shooting that was going on.

Didn't see last night's game, but that could have described most of OUR games last season... :(