• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

offers dont mean much without actually knowing the situation.  a lot of "big" schools do not "offer" 3 star players that they aren't 100% certain would come there.  it could have been clear in Bench's recruiting that he wanted to go to Penn St and other schools backed off.

at this point i say the more the merrier and if he doesn't work out Willie can bring in a recruit in 2014 hopefully.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

He fits the system so we need to give him a good look.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Nice little scoring drive there against Virginia, should have been capped off with a pretty nice looking long touchdown. Ball went right into the wide receiver's hands. Bench knew what he wanted on that play right away but he had a blitzer popping up and he did a great job pulling the football down, moving to clear his passing lane, and getting the football out quickly before the timing got too screwed up. Couple decisions on the drive a little questionable, one in particular, but hey he was a true frosh.

Between the Virginia drive and the high school tape, a couple things stand out. I don't want to go into too much detail, pretending we can glean things that we can't really, so I'll try and be brief:

1.  First thing that stands out is command of an offense. On the Virginia drive even as a frosh he was given command of the offense and asked to execute within the constraints of the clock and the situation. This also stood out on his high school tape. You see formation changes, motion, etc. It's a good sign.

2.  Second thing that stands out is his comfort level executing plays on the move. Comfortable on the run. Can run with the football in his hands and shows instincts and ability that way. Comfortable throwing the football on the run. I like guys that show a comfort level executing on the move. Speaks well to their ability to think quickly and it speaks well to their natural arm talent as they're comfortable they can get the ball where it needs to go without proper footing.

Hell, I don't see why not. Unlike Trickett, this guy doesn't walk in as the starter. But it sure wouldn't surprise me if he ended up that.

• Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

Is he coming in for a visit, could not really tell 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Is he coming in for a visit, could not really tell 

From what I can gather the original poster is saying that there's a pay article saying that an unnamed quarterback transfer prospect is visiting USF, and that down in the comments section of the pay article one of the commenters says it's Steven Bench.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Nice little scoring drive there against Virginia, should have been capped off with a pretty nice looking long touchdown. Ball went right into the wide receiver's hands. Bench knew what he wanted on that play right away but he had a blitzer popping up and he did a great job pulling the football down, moving to clear his passing lane, and getting the football out quickly before the timing got too screwed up. Couple decisions on the drive a little questionable, one in particular, but hey he was a true frosh.

Between the Virginia drive and the high school tape, a couple things stand out. I don't want to go into too much detail, pretending we can glean things that we can't really, so I'll try and be brief:

1.  First thing that stands out is command of an offense. On the Virginia drive even as a frosh he was given command of the offense and asked to execute within the constraints of the clock and the situation. This also stood out on his high school tape. You see formation changes, motion, etc. It's a good sign.

2.  Second thing that stands out is his comfort level executing plays on the move. Comfortable on the run. Can run with the football in his hands and shows instincts and ability that way. Comfortable throwing the football on the run. I like guys that show a comfort level executing on the move. Speaks well to their ability to think quickly and it speaks well to their natural arm talent as they're comfortable they can get the ball where it needs to go without proper footing.

Hell, I don't see why not. Unlike Trickett, this guy doesn't walk in as the starter. But it sure wouldn't surprise me if he ended up that.

Yeah, but can he take a snap under center?   :rolleyes:

• Content Count:  3,222

Is feel better if his last name were couch

• Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

@gregauman: Ex-Penn State QB Steven Bench, who is transferring and can play this fall, is interested in USF. Won't visit this weekend but hopes to soon.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680

GA

The bearer of good news

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

He fits the system so we need to give him a good look.

System = can take a snap