• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Quinton Flowers QB, Miami Jackson HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I like the sound of him in the interviews. Kind of sounds like he has his head screwed on right. I am sure he knows by now CWT will give him the straight skinny. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

i'm a little afraid everyone here has fallen a little too much in love with nomenclature. PSQB vs DTQB, etc. Athletic ability goes a long way toward refuting those titles and also  creating the same said titles.Watch the play at 2:15

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

I like the sound of him in the interviews. Kind of sounds like he has his head screwed on right. I am sure he knows by now CWT will give him the straight skinny. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

i'm a little afraid everyone here has fallen a little too much in love with nomenclature. PSQB vs DTQB, etc. Athletic ability goes a long way toward refuting those titles and also  creating the same said titles.Watch the play at 2:15

Reminds me a lot of Grothe with a stronger arm or Daniels with a more accurate arm... Sign me up!

• Topic Count:  485
  • Content Count:  12,421
  • Days Won:  25

I like the run at 1:55

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Per Peter Ariz at CanesInsider.com

http://canesinsight.com/threads/52955-Miami-wants-Jackson-s-Flowers-at-WR-or-S

Miami wants Jackson's Flowers at WR or S

Miami Jackson QB Quinton “Wanky†Flowers doesn’t have much else to prove at the high school level, but he’s not using that as an excuse to slack off during spring practice. He’s been focused on improving his connection with transfer receiver Jovon Durante (2015) as well as continuing to work on his quarterbacking skills.

“Spring’s going good. We got a couple of players that came in and I’m trying to get everything down with Jovon (Durante). Most colleges look at me as a receiver or free safety, but just like I said to everybody else, I’m going to college to play quarterback because I’ve been playing it all my life so why go to the next level to play something else. Ain’t nobody gonna change that of me,†said Flowers.

As far as quarterback-specific skills, Flowers has worked on one thing in particular.

“Most critics say I can’t throw to my left, so I’m showing people now that can I can do it with accuracy. A lot of people say that I try to always run, but I try to make everyone look good, not just myself.â€

The athletic QB’s recruitment recently took a big jump when Alabama offered.

“I just got Alabama not too long ago. Clemson is interested in me. Illinois gave me an offer too.â€

What were his thoughts on that ‘Bama offer?

“As a young man and student-athlete, I was very excited about the Alabama offer because they’ve won a lot of championships and that town is really into football. My coach from 7-on-7 called me and told me I had the offer. They said they like me at quarterback, but they say they wanna see me work at reveiver too.â€

Prior to signing day, the hometown Miami Hurricanes were the favorite for Flowers. Recent developments have led the Jackson star to reconsider, though.

“Miami came to the school and they talked to me for a little bit and they wasn’t saying much about me playing quarterback. They were talking about receiver or free safety like some of the other schools so I feel like that’s not a place I will be going and they’re not on my mind until maybe later on down the line when I look at everything.â€

**Flowers says his top 3 is Alabama, Marshall, and USF.

Holy ballsack. This guy's nick name is "Wanky"?

God I hope we get him.

By the way that's the most eclectic top 3 ever. Alabama, Marshall and USF. LOL.

And you know Alabama is probably thinking to just get him into the program as a QB and then convince him to move to WR later on. Marshall and USF have to be the only guys looking at him purely as a QB, if you read between the lines.

Edited by ckparrothead

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Some said earlier that Scout had him as a 4* WR. He is listed as a QB there now, I am sure he has made it clear what he wants to play in college. All these teams recruiting him as an athlete are gonna wind up holding a bag of sand.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

BJ Daniels part 2...pass

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,776
  • Days Won:  6

I dont think he is high enough on our list that he even has a commitable offer as a QB at this point...

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Pay sites saying "Jackons QB" seriously considering USF.

Miami Jackson QB 'seriously thinking' about USF06/14/2013 RunningtheBulls.com

Miami Jackson QB Quinton Flowers put on quite the show at the Miami-area USF satellite camp - and is 'seriously thinking' about becoming a Bull

Still a top QB prospect in the nation and his offer list is blowing up:

Bama

Clemson

Miami

Kentucky

Ole Miss

Nebraska

TCU

Tennessee

Texas

WVU

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

I like him. If I were them I would try and focus on pulling in two quarterbacks with this class, one a pro style guy and one a dual threat. Wanky would be a pretty ideal dual threat type even if his mechanics throw me off a little bit. The other guy Edouard is much more sound mechanically, and is taller, but it disturbs me that his passing production was so choppy...I think he had sub-50% completion, 9 TDs and 9 INTs.

If you can pull in Wanky Flowers and Chase Litton I think that's a good start.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,672
  • Days Won:  8

Looks like he's got a lot to think about so he should wait on his decision until he's certain he will not have any regrets.