• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Transfer???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Tricket only got into FSU b/c his dad was a coach.  He's not the savior.

Other than you, who said that he would be our savior? He's a decent QB that has been in the "heat of the battle" against top ranked opponents.

EDIT: He had offers from: Louisville, Pitt, USF, Stanford, and Arkansas. If he was good enough for us then, then why not now?

You don't take a 1 yr transfer player unless they are going to be emphatically better than what you've got.  I don't see Trickett as any better than Floyd.  I'd rather play Floyd or White for a year to get them in the system then bring in a guy like Tricket for a one and done.  IMO you only bring in a one and and done if they are a savior

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

You won't know how much better they are until they get here.

If he can come in at the beginning of summer and legitimately beat out the incumbents who have been practicing all spring, then give him the job.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Other than you, who said that he would be our savior? He's a decent QB that has been in the "heat of the battle" against top ranked opponents.

EDIT: He had offers from: Louisville, Pitt, USF, Stanford, and Arkansas. If he was good enough for us then, then why not now?

You don't take a 1 yr transfer player unless they are going to be emphatically better than what you've got.  I don't see Trickett as any better than Floyd.  I'd rather play Floyd or White for a year to get them in the system then bring in a guy like Tricket for a one and done.  IMO you only bring in a one and and done if they are a savior

IMO, a reason to bring in a one and done, is exactly to get White into the system. Give him an entire year of learning the system and hitting the weight room. I do see your point of view, I just have a different one. You must admit though, he was a "quality" recruit, not just a coach's son. Of course, we can all sit here all day discussing the issue, he may not transfer, even if he does CWT may not want him.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

Tricket only got into FSU b/c his dad was a coach. He's not the savior.

You don't take a 1 yr transfer player unless they are going to be emphatically better than what you've got. I don't see Trickett as any better than Floyd. I'd rather play Floyd or White for a year to get them in the system then bring in a guy like Tricket for a one and done. IMO you only bring in a one and and done if they are a savior
Based on what we have seen from floyd, and the fact that White is a freshman, I wouldn't rule out that Tricket is emphatically better. At least he has had success at some point in his college career. If he can come in and beat them out, theres no reason he shouldn't be accepted with open arms. Better team equals better recruits and more exposure at an important time. Edited by dabulls34

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

you dont honestly believe yourself do you?????? Wow you would rather play Flloyd who couldnt even handle throw away games???? Trickett is a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better qb. He is probably Grothe size but with a much stronger arm. Yes he isnt the savior but he would **** sure start here. Your a piece of work my friend. Flloyd is basura.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

you dont honestly believe yourself do you?????? Wow you would rather play Flloyd who couldnt even handle throw away games???? Trickett is a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better qb. He is probably Grothe size but with a much stronger arm. Yes he isnt the savior but he would **** sure start here. Your a piece of work my friend. Flloyd is basura.

If Floyd's not the guy then play White.  Trickett's not going to come in and win us 10 games.  Trickett hasn't proved anything more than Floyd.  If it's not Floyd, then develop the next best guy for the future.  Bringing in Trickett for a 5-7 season would hurt more than it would help.

If Trickett comes and does well, I'll eat my crow, but I honestly don't see the benefit in bringing him in.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Do we actually have any meat to this story? Or is it all "FSU Donor" friends?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Same guy that told us Antonio Andrews was coming.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Same guy that told us Antonio Andrews was coming.

That came from a big county preps forum where the posters nephew plays on WKU, but I sense your sarcasm douchebag.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

What's the difference between a forum participant's nephew who may or may not play for WKU and "donor friends?" If we're going to accept a guy's word about his nephew, don't we have to accept someone else's?

Edited by JTrue