• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Manti Te'o

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

He is so gay. Did you see that picture of his 'friend'?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I especially like this one - because I actually SAW it the first time around. **** I feel old...

Iowaggie
spacer.gifposted 6:13p, 01/16/13spacer.gif
spacer.gif
block_gray.gif
spacer.gif
Brady Bunch fans might remember an episode featuring Jan Brady and "George Glass".

Manti Te'o is a plagiarist as well!!!!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

Does he even get drafted now?  What NFL team wants to be a part of this guys circus of lies?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Maybe he really was just Catfished. We all saw in the title game that he's susceptible to fakes.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

The first thing I thought, is that whoever did this to him should be voted Troll of the Year - that is the hardest of the most hardcore trolls that I've heard of in quite a while. But after reading the Deadspin article, I'm not sure what to think. Was Te'o in on the hoax? Is it possible this all a big publicity stunt?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Manti Te'o jokes thread from TexAgs.... I thought some might enjoy this. 

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2255434&forum_id=5

My favorite: "Went from 1st rounder to didn't round first."

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

Maybe he really was just Catfished. We all saw in the title game that he's susceptible to fakes.
----

Hilarious .....I was thinking the same thing.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Manti Te'o lied to someone. In his statement Te'o indicates he met her online and never in person.... 

-------------

This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her.

------------

But look at quotes from other news outlets, it was reported that they met in person at Stanford but there are no direct quotes... and that she supposedly visited Manti in Hawaii based on quotes from his dad...

From the south bend tribune a quote from Manti's dad indicates they had met in person, but it doesn't indicate if any family members ever met her. Possibly he told his family he was meeting with her and they were none the wiser, or they knew she wasn't real and lied to the media. I think Te'o lied to his family and told them she visited him when she never did, or it was actually a guy visiting. If the plan was to spend extensive time with the family... well then that is why she had to die, because the jig would be up. So the timing of the death makes sense. The faux death was to get out of meeting the family. If Te'o really was fooled and never met his lover, then the hoaxter got out of this family meeting by dieing. But, maybe, just maybe Te'o and his boyfriend were going to come out of the closet at this family meeting, and then changed their mind. 

http://articles.southbendtribune.com/2012-10-12/sports/34419536_1_brian-and-ottilia-manti-te-o-irish-head-coach

--------------------

Lennay Kekua was a Stanford student and Cardinal football fan when the two exchanged glances, handshakes and phone numbers that fateful weekend three seasons ago.

She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them.

The plan was for Kekua to spend extensive time with the whole Te'o family when upwards of 40 of them came to South Bend in mid-November for ND's Senior Day date with Wake Forest.

"They started out as just friends," Brian Te'o said. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple.

---------------------------

And according to this November 13th 2012 article from espn, this is why she had to die.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8623174/as-manti-teo-says-goodbye-south-bend-leaves-impact-larger-football-ncf

------------

Te'o's family was originally set to meet Kekua for the first time this Saturday,

-------------

But, a friend of Ronaiah says that he was 80% sure that Manti was in on it. So we have someone not in the relationship who knew this relationship was fake and thought Te'o and Ronaiah were both in on it. 

And, because of the evidence that Te'o and Ronaiah knew each other, well there are 3 possibilities.... 

1). Ronaiah was pulling a prank on his friend Te'o and this lasted for a year... but why hide evidecne of their friendship by deleting instagram that has photos of them? And like one person who knew about it said, he didn't think Manti so dumb or Ronaiah so clever. 

2). Manti and Ronaiah were working together to fool Manti's family and the media as a publicity hoax for kicks, and they are not gay

3). Manti and Ronaiah are gay lovers who decided to hide the homosexuality of Manti in a bazaar manner by creating this fake girl friend. 

I don't think even Manti's family knew she did not exist because of the timing of her death, right before they were supposed to meet her. 

What is so weird is that apparently this guy Ronaiah fooled other strangers into online relationships with his fake Lennay alias. This leads me to believe that maybe this Ronaiah guy is a closet homosexual, who actually fooled Manti for a while, but I just don't see who Manti was talking to on the phone or how Manti would think it was a woman, especially if he knew this guy in person. And Manti telling his family she would come visit when she wouldn't? I can't see how Manti was not in on this... and the reports that he met her at Stanford, but he now says he met a person online only? That is why it's hard for me to think Manti was actually fooled. 

I think Manti was in on this, but I don't understand, if Manti is gay, why would he and his gay lover make up a fake girl friend for him? I mean, couldn't they just have a secret relationship if they wanted to stay in the closet? The whole thing is just so bizarre.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

You know... I'm almost starting to think the family knew this was a hoax too.... 

According to this article, Manti's dad also spoke with Lennay on the phone.... so, who the hell were these people talking to on the phone? 

The only people quoted are the mother and father, so I think all of the information in this article was taken from Manti's parents, and they were somehow fooled into believing they had talked to Manti's girlfriend on the phone? Yeah right... who then was the voice actor?  or they were in on this media hoax as well, which is what I suspect. 

-----------------

Kekua, who eventually graduated from Stanford, was, in fact, doing so well that she was released from the hospital on Sept. 10. And Brian Te'o was among those congratulating her via telephone.

--------------------------

Maybe the whole family was involved in covering for Manti's homosexuality. I mean, it says that Manti and Ronaiah are family friends, so the family could have set this up so Manti would appear straight to the public by having a girlfriend with a twitter account. 

Sooooooo bizarre... I'm really beginning to think it was a public front by the family to hide Manti being a homosexual. 

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

MTV and the creators of Catfish are popping bottles of champagne right now. Ratings are about to skyrocket as people become curious about the Internet phenomenon. Doesn't get much better than a name drop in a presser for one of the biggest stories of the year.