• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Vincent Jackson, OLB, Tampa Jesuit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

CPR:

While yes, I think it's great to offer these blue chip athletes and go after them, I think it's more important to go after the athletes we have a better shot at. Players like Jackson have offers from everyone in the country already. The chances of us getting players like this are slim. Maybe we can get 1 or 2 which would be great, but CWT should be focusing all of his efforts on the borderline 4 star and high 3 star guys. UF, FSU, Miami and the other big dogs will most likely get the Jackson's of the world every year. Put all of your effort on the other guys, like our first commit of the 2014 year (Jimmy Bayes). Just my opinion.

--------

Skip, is that you?

---------------

:roflmao: I almost wrote the same thing

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I said players "like" Jackson. I probably picked the wrong thread to write out my response in since he's a local and I should have known there'd be reactions. My only point was, I think instead of going after players like Leon McQuay or Vernon Hargreaves hard, we should go after players like Senat, Calloway, Robbins, Andre Davis, etc harder ( who are still highly touted, just a little lower)....If we get a Sean Price/Giddens or 2 or 3 every year who is rated extremely high by all recruiting services, then that's great. I'll just agree to disagree with you guys.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Tags is on record as going after everyone he wants.

USF will NOT be intimidated!!!

I was just about to write something to that effect.  Make the 4 and 5 star guys tell you no.  Don't settle because people have placed you in some sort of caste system,

Oh I agree. If he has a realistic shot at a player like Jackson, then pursue him hard. I just think it's better to utilize their time on recruits we have a better shot at that are still studs.
He'll recruit them until they say no. Then he'll recruit the moms to sway the kids until they say no.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

It's over when TAGS says it's over!.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

I was just about to write something to that effect. Make the 4 and 5 star guys tell you no. Don't settle because people have placed you in some sort of caste system,

Oh I agree. If he has a realistic shot at a player like Jackson, then pursue him hard. I just think it's better to utilize their time on recruits we have a better shot at that are still studs.

As I mentioned earlier, it is extremely important for Taggart to get one of the local TOP players to give us an early verbal. If Jackson was serious when he tweeted that everyone should sign with USF, then he would be the perfect candidate for Taggart to target. In the past I can only think of one such player who gave us an early verbal J Fayson and he eventually signed with Florida. When he left Florida he wanted to transfer to USF, but they wouldn't release him to us.

How early was Giddins' verbal?

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I was just about to write something to that effect. Make the 4 and 5 star guys tell you no. Don't settle because people have placed you in some sort of caste system,

As I mentioned earlier, it is extremely important for Taggart to get one of the local TOP players to give us an early verbal. If Jackson was serious when he tweeted that everyone should sign with USF, then he would be the perfect candidate for Taggart to target. In the past I can only think of one such player who gave us an early verbal J Fayson and he eventually signed with Florida. When he left Florida he wanted to transfer to USF, but they wouldn't release him to us.

Rivals shows him     COMMITTED (01/10/2009)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

For some reason I thought he was committed for longer than about a month ...

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Giddins became a known commitment on his official visit. As I recall the story, he kicked off that visiting weekend (lot of other guys there) by telling the other guys he was committing to USF. He was rumored as a silent commitment for a while before though.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

For some reason I thought he was committed for longer than about a month ...

FYI, Fayson gave a verbal in May of his junior year. Carnes gave a verbal in August.

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

I was just about to write something to that effect.  Make the 4 and 5 star guys tell you no.  Don't settle because people have placed you in some sort of caste system,

He'll recruit them until they say no. Then he'll recruit the moms to sway the kids until they say no.

Then work on grandma!!

• Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

+1

The mindset that we shouldn't even try because we won't win battles against UF, FSU, etc. for 4 and 5 star kids is defeatist. Recruiting is tough enough... No need to cede anything to these schools. We won't win them all, but that's besides the point. I like Taggart's approach on recruiting.